From lift-and-shift to re-factoring and re-platforming, we help you to utilise AWS to modernise in a way that balances quick wins and sustainable value.
Cloud Migration in a Box.
The perfect package deal to migrate 150-300 VMs with minimal upfront costs.
Say goodbye to financial risk and hello to cloud value!
Which hyperscalers can support you in your migrate and modernise journey?
Migrate to AWS
Migrate to Azure
If you’re looking to maximise your cloud investment or are just starting transforming your business Nordcloud’s vast knowledge and passion for all things cloud can help with your Azure Cloud Migration success.
Migrate to Google Cloud
Nordcloud enables migrations of existing workloads, such as VM and SAP, to the Google Cloud. Google Cloud enables the integration with technologies of the future, like AI, ML, Analytics, Kubernetes and Anthos.
Want to become the next cloud ninja? Welcome to the go-to online hub for tech leaders who want the latest insights on all things cloud.Learn more
So what are the next steps?
Build a Cloud Foundation
From governance to landing zones, we help you leverage cloud benefits in a controlled, scalable way – in line with user needs.
Enable Frictionless Delivery of Software
Deploy cloud-based solutions efficiently and flexibly, so the business can proactively deliver value.
Modernise Applications to the Cloud
From a quick lift-and-shift to refactoring, we help you modernise in a way that balances quick wins and sustainable value.
Upskill Your Organisation
Trained organisations are 80% faster to adopt cloud and 3.8 times more likely to meet cloud ROI requirements.
Success Story .
How did SHL complete a successful data centre exit program with AWS?Download
Already migrated but need rescuing?
Cloud Migration Services FAQ.
Cloud migration refers to the process of moving an organisation’s data, applications, and infrastructure from on-premises systems to a cloud environment. It involves transferring workloads to cloud-based servers and often requires careful planning, assessment, and execution to ensure a smooth transition while maintaining data integrity and minimising disruptions.
Cloud migration services offer numerous benefits, such as scalability, cost savings, improved data security, and increased flexibility. By migrating to the cloud, organisations can leverage advanced technologies, access on-demand resources, and streamline their IT operations. Additionally, cloud services providers often offer support, expertise, and reliable infrastructure that can enhance the overall efficiency and performance of your applications and systems.
The duration of a cloud migration process varies depending on factors such as the complexity of your infrastructure, the volume of data, and the migration strategy. It can range from a few weeks to several months. Proper planning, risk assessment, and testing are crucial for successful migration, so it’s important to allocate sufficient time for these activities. Working with experienced cloud migration service providers can help streamline the process and ensure minimal disruptions during the transition.
There are various cloud migration strategies, including:
- Lift and shift: Moving applications and data from on-premises to the cloud without significant modifications.
- Replatforming: Optimizing applications during the migration process to leverage cloud-native features and capabilities.
- Refactoring: Redesigning applications to be cloud-native, taking full advantage of the cloud environment.
- Repurchasing: Replacing existing applications with cloud-based software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions.
- Retiring: Removing obsolete or redundant applications and systems.
When planning a cloud migration, it’s important to consider potential challenges such as:
- Data security and privacy: Ensuring sensitive data is adequately protected during the migration process and after the move to the cloud.
- Application compatibility: Assessing whether your existing applications are compatible with the target cloud environment and making necessary modifications if required.
- Connectivity and bandwidth: Ensuring sufficient network connectivity and bandwidth to handle data transfer and ongoing operations in the cloud.
- Training and knowledge transfer: Equipping your team with the necessary skills and knowledge to operate and manage the cloud-based infrastructure effectively.
Cloud migration services can help mitigate risks by:
- Conducting thorough risk assessments and identifying potential vulnerabilities in your existing infrastructure.
- Developing a comprehensive migration plan that outlines the steps, timelines, and dependencies involved.
- Implementing security measures to protect data during transit and in the cloud environment.
- Testing and validating the migrated applications and data to ensure their integrity and functionality.
The cost considerations for cloud migration services include:
- Plan and prioritise: Develop a clear migration roadmap, identifying critical applications and systems that need to be migrated first.
- Test and validate: Thoroughly test migrated applications and data in the new cloud environment to ensure functionality and identify any issues or performance bottlenecks.
- Communicate and train: Keep your team informed about the migration process, provide training on new tools and processes, and establish open channels of communication to address any concerns or challenges.
- Have a rollback plan: Prepare a contingency plan and backup strategy in case of unexpected issues or failures during the migration.
The choice between public, private, or hybrid cloud depends on your organisation’s specific requirements and considerations:
- Public cloud: Offers scalability, cost-efficiency, and easy access to a wide range of services but may have limited customisation options and concerns about data security and compliance.
- Private cloud: Provides enhanced control, security, and compliance capabilities but requires significant upfront investment and ongoing maintenance.
- Hybrid cloud: Combines the benefits of public and private clouds, allowing organisations to leverage the scalability and cost advantages of the public cloud while keeping sensitive data and critical applications in a more secure private cloud environment.
When you are in the market for cloud migration services and considering different companies:
- Assess experience and expertise: Look for providers with a proven track record in cloud migration and relevant certifications.
- Understand the offered services: Evaluate the range of services the provider offers, ensuring they align with your migration needs, such as assessment, planning, data migration, testing, and post-migration support.
- Consider security measures: Inquire about the provider’s security protocols, data encryption methods, and compliance certifications to ensure the protection of your sensitive data during the migration process and beyond.
- Check client testimonials and references: Review testimonials or seek references from previous clients to gauge the provider’s reputation, customer satisfaction, and successful migration projects.
- Evaluate scalability and future needs: Assess the provider’s ability to scale resources as your business grows and their capability to handle future migration requirements or additional cloud services you may need.
Get in Touch.
Let’s discuss how we can help with your cloud journey. Our experts are standing by to talk about your migration, modernisation, development and skills challenges.