Cloud migration and modernisation.
False assumptions that cause unnecessary cost, delay and risk
Get your free guide
Avoid Costly Cloud Bottlenecks.
Cloud migration and modernisation projects often suffer because the projected business case isn’t realised, analysis paralysis stymies progress, and/or complex interdependencies create risk.
And the causes behind these issues were preventable.
This insight helps you pre-empt these situations, so you overcome the wall of doubts preventing you from capitalising on the cloud.
The guides analyse major false assumptions that cause unnecessary cost, delay and risk when migrating and modernising. The insight will help you:
- Capitalise on quick wins
- Reduce ongoing technical debt
- Save money on labour, licences, management and infrastructure
- Drive sustainable value
Tackle false assumptions that cause unnecessary cost, delay and risk
Change your thinking on these areas, and you’ll be in a stronger position to capitalise on cloud.
Overcome the migration wall of doubts
Data centre migration to the cloud
- You have to choose between lift-and-shift and a big modernisation initiative
- You don’t have the budget for migration
- Migration planning is a long process
- Migration is only about infrastructure
- Migration disrupts operations and process flows
- Traditional IT skills will easily transfer to the cloud
- An on-premises managed services approach translates to the cloud
Overcome the app modernisation wall of doubts
Modernising applications to the cloud
- Buying commercial off-the-shelf software (COTS) is better than a customised modernisation
- You need a detailed planning exercise before getting started
- You don’t have the budget for modernisation now
- You should prioritise applications based on age and cost
- You should try to stick with one cloud platform
- Legacy ways of working prevent you from modernising
Tackling these false assumptions will help you:
Through reduced hardware, software and labour costs
With improved business continuity and more robust security
With the ability to adapt quickly and easily, so you can serve customers cost-effectively
Deliver customer value
By offering customers new ways to engage and enabling people to extract more value from data
Speed up time to market
Thanks to flexible architecture and faster development cycles