Nordcloud Recruitment and Hiring Privacy Statement
Introduction / who is collecting your personal data?
When you apply for a job at Nordcloud, Nordcloud will collect and use personal data about you during the recruiting and any hiring process. As described in this Privacy Statement, your personal data may be retained and used by Nordcloud for the purpose of considering your qualifications for employment, as required by law, or as otherwise described below. Please see below for information that Nordcloud may receive about you from third parties.
“Nordcloud” means the specific Nordcloud affiliates, subsidiaries, and contracted service providers who will collect, use, and maintain your personal data in connection with your application for employment, our Recruiting, Talent Management processes, and any hiring process if you are extended an offer of employment. A full list of Nordcloud entities by country and their contact information appears at the bottom of this Privacy Statement, as well as a list of contracted service providers who perform IT support or background checking services.
What personal data will Nordcloud collect?
The following categories of data will generally be collected by Nordcloud:
- Data you submit in résumés / CVs, letters, writing samples, or other written materials
- Data generated by interviewers and recruiters, based on their interactions with you
- Data provided by third-party placement firms, recruiters, or job-search websites, where applicable
- Recommendations provided on your behalf by others
- Data about your prior employment, education, and where applicable, other data revealed during background screenings (permission asked from applicants before hand)
Your submission of personal data constitutes your consent to our use of your data and your verification that it is accurate
By submitting your information, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the foregoing and consent to the uses of your information as set out above. You are not required to provide any requested information to Nordcloud, but failing to do so may result in not being able to continue your candidacy for the job for which you have applied.
By submitting your information, you acknowledge that all representations made by you are true and correct to the best of your knowledge and belief, and you have not knowingly omitted any related information of an adverse nature. Providing any inaccurate information may make you ineligible for employment.
What will Nordcloud do with your personal data?
Nordcloud will use your personal data to:
- Assess your suitability for employment for the role for which you are applying, as well as future roles that may become available
- Perform analysis of our applicant pool in order to better understand who is applying to positions at Nordcloud and how to attract top talent
- In some cases, record your online interview for review by additional recruiters and hiring managers
- Your contact information can be used by the Nordcloud HR to send you one invitation to sign up for future position alerts and invitations to Nordcloud recruiting events, as well as one follow-up reminder.
- Perform any legally-required reporting, and respond to legal process.
From what source will Nordcloud obtain your personal data?
Nordcloud may obtain data about you from the following sources:
- From you, when you submit resumes or other information online;
- From conversations with recruiters and interviews with hiring managers and other Nordcloud personnel or representatives, some of which may be recorded (with your express knowledge and consent) as well as data that they may obtain from job search on professional networking websites (e.g. monster.com, LinkedIn, etc.) where you may have made data about yourself publicly available;”). The data obtained via public work related media channels like the aforementioned will be handled according to Article 14 in General Data Protection Regulation.
- From third-party recruiters, staffing companies, or websites where you are introduced to Nordcloud through one.
- From background checks, as applicable. Where permitted by law, Nordcloud may contract with a third party to perform a pre-employment background screening. The content of background check information varies by country to comply with local requirements, but may include information gathered from publicly available sources, your former employers or colleagues, schools you have attended, etc. These types of information will only be collected with your prior consent, and you will receive more information about the nature of such a background check before it begins. Where required by applicable local law, you may be asked to provide certain background check information, (which may include sensitive data) directly to Nordcloud.
Who will have the access to your personal data? Where are they located?
In general, access to your personal data will be restricted to minimise the number of people in Nordcloud’s global organisation who need it in order evaluate your application for employment, perform functions supporting our Recruiting functions, or to whom we are compelled to provide it by applicable law. Your personal data is transferred only within EU.
The following categories of individuals will have access to your personal data:
- Recruiters working with the country where the position you are applying for is based. Such individuals may be based in a different country in EU
- Hiring managers and other interviewers. Often these individuals will be based in the country where the position is based, but in some cases they may be located in other countries in EU
- The global Nordcloud Talent Management teams, consisting of a limited number of individuals based in EU
- Individuals performing administrative and IT support functions
- Authorized personnel at our service providers, including:
- A company that hosts a virtual interview tool used to record interviews where live interviews are not possible.
- Companies contracted to perform background screenings, where applicable. These companies may be based in another country, and may obtain data from other countries where you have lived, worked or studied, as may be relevant as part of a background check. You will receive more information about any such check before it begins;
- Government officials where legal reporting requirements may exist.
- A successor to Nordcloud in the event that it sells or divests all or part of its business.
Nordcloud is committed to follow EU Data Privacy legislation and confirms that CV and other personally identifiable information submitted through Breezy HR is stored within Europe.
How long will Nordcloud retain my personal data?
If you are given and accept an offer of employment by Nordcloud, personal data collected during your pre-employment period will become part of your Nordcloud personnel records, to be retained throughout and for a period after your employment with Nordcloud (specific periods vary by country). If Nordcloud does not employ you, Nordcloud may nevertheless continue to retain and use personal data collected during the recruitment process in order to consider you for new positions, and, if appropriate, to refer back to an earlier application if you submit a resume or other information to Nordcloud again in the future, as well as for system administration, to perform research and analysis.
How Nordcloud protects your personal data?
Nordcloud employs organisational, technical, and physical security measures in order to protect your data from loss or misuse. Where we contract with third-party suppliers to provide services that may enable them to access your personal data we require them to have similar security controls in place.
If you wish to access a copy of your personal data or to correct it if you believe it is inaccurate, you may email Nordcloud Data Privacy Officer Teemu Lehtonen at firstname.lastname@example.org