Write and run a program on a real quantum computer
Quantum computing technology is currently seeing massive amounts of investment and it has the potential to become the greatest innovation of our lifetime. It is time to start understanding for yourself how this technology works.
By starting from effectively zero knowledge of quantum computing, we achieve the ability to write and run programs on a real quantum computer in four hours. You’ll also understand the underlying principles.
This training builds on minimal development experience, understanding of core computer science concepts like logic gates and a small part of university level math like matrices.
Upon completing the training, you’ll
- Know the basic ideas in quantum computing
- Be able to understand news items regarding quantum computing
- Be able to draw quantum circuits
- Be able to write code equivalent to the circuits in one quantum environment
- Run code on an actual quantum computer
- Know where to continue studying
AGENDA, DURATION 0.5 DAY:
1. Needed basics of quantum mechanics and quantum computing concepts.
The qubit, superposition, collapse, interference and entanglement,
2. Mathematical and geometric representations of qubits
Vectors, Ket-notation, plane and Bloch-sphere model.
3. Parallelism and Use of Quantum Computers
Parallelism, probabilistisms, Shor’s factoring, Grover’s search, problem space, QPU
4. Quantum Circuits
Circuit model, fundamental gates, creating entanglement, OR, AND and NAND
IDEs, languages, making the circuits with python, submitting jobs to a real quantum machine
6. Topics and Sources for Further Studies
Recommended prerequisites for participants:
- Understanding of classical computing: bits & gates
- Understanding of programming: what’s an algorithm? what’s a variable?
- At least some programming experience
- High school physics: wave-particle duality
- Subset of university level math concepts: namely complex vectors and matrices
- Subset of university level computer science concepts: idea of complexity classes and big-o notation
- Laptop and pen and paper
Price 100€ per participant
Location: Nordcloud, Antinkatu 1 (floor 4), 00100 Helsinki.
Time: 29.3.2019 09.00-13.00