Data & AI Strategy.
Is your data estate suffering from any of these symptoms?
- Data silos have developed naturally over time – meaning the estate is littered with inefficiencies and shadow data copies. It all works, but there’s no standardised data management, and the organisation is exposed to data-related risks
- The organisation lacks enterprise data connectivity and a centralised operating model – which restricts the pace of transformation and stymies your ability to industrialise AI and machine learning
- You’re implementing purely technical answers to what are actually business problems – and you’re having difficulty scaling technical pinpoint POCs into corporate-level data services
- You find yourself with vendor, technical and/or resource locks – or that previously implemented designs are irreversible
If any of those sound familiar, it’s time to rethink your data and AI strategy. Given the current pace of innovation and engagement with data, you need an approach that gives stakeholders guidance and guardrails while enabling them to gain insights and develop services. And you need to do this in a way that’s both scalable and future-proof.
Our approach is designed to give you a strategy that focuses on business value, with realistic targets and a roadmap to reach them (without reinventing the wheel). Through our Data Architecture Review, we take stock of where you are, where you need to be and how to get there. And with our Data Foundation, we give you a scalable framework for putting the strategy into action.
Want to become the next cloud ninja? Welcome to the go-to online hub for tech leaders who want the latest insights on all things cloud.
Reduced costs and risks
Our approach focuses on business drivers, so you’re not constrained by individual team requirements. You get templates and frameworks that are flexible and scalable, so you avoid early irreversible decisions and your data platform can adapt to the evolving business environment.
Embedded data governance
Data governance factors are built in from the outset. You get holistic governance and discoverability, but with a federated approach where teams can still own and manage their data. This gives you a foundation for industrialising POCs, understanding value networks and collaborating with vendors.
Hyperscaler best practices + cloud-native experience
Our frameworks are based on hyperscaler reference architectures, but with added value from our broad experience of technologies, documentation, skills and partners available in the market. You therefore get more effective shared models and flexible support for moving, producing, publishing and protecting data assets across teams.
Data Architecture Review.
Get a report that guides your data journey – in just 3 weeks
Our Data Architecture Review uses Nordcloud’s experience-driven methodology to help you avoid common pitfalls and unlock more value from your data assets over the short and long term.
In just 3 weeks, you get a report rooted in key business drivers that identifies:
- Goals, target user groups, scopes and restrictions
- Target architecture
- How to translate business requirements into technical design across different customer teams and business units
- Skills and role gaps, with proposed improvement actions
- Pilot scope selected from the identified business drivers (smallest effort, biggest business impact)
- Plan to build a scalable Data Foundation pilot accounting for customer-specific technologies
- Roadmap covering how to incorporate all data assets and products under one Data Foundation governance framework
Clear the path to data enablement
Our Data Foundation reduces the time, effort and risk associated with data-driven transformation. Leveraging hyperscaler reference architectures, it gives you:
- Scalable, repeatable framework – that adapts to your organisation’s unique drivers, enabling you to create a modern, secure, scalable and intelligent data platform
- Customisable, ready-made artefacts and operating model guidance – so you don’t have to start from scratch, and teams can focus on creating value from data rather than on architecting and deploying cloud infrastructure.
- Embedded data governance – all within the design
- Guidance on data mesh, data fabric and data hub – and how to strike the right balance
Jumpstart Your Data Platform.
How a cloud-native data estate helps you avoid common data management pitfalls
To answer questions, predict outcomes, discover relationships and drive business growth, you need to enable analytics, data science and applications with data.
And that requires an effective data management approach.
This whitepaper from Nordcloud’s Advanced Data Solutions Team unpacks what that looks like. It’s a 10-minute read that covers:
Get in Touch.
Let’s discuss how we can help with your data requirements. We can also arrange a free 1-hour briefing, where you can learn more about common problem scenarios with data platforms (data lakes, data warehouses, etc) and how our methodology and process help you avoid them.