This course introduces students to the principles of cloud computing. Students will become familiar with how these principles have been implemented in Microsoft Azure. In addition, this course explains how to implement the core Azure infrastructure, consisting of virtual networks and storage. With this foundation, students will be able to create the most common Azure services, including Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, and Azure SQL Database. The students will also learn about container-based Azure services and the most prominent examples of serverless computing. The course concludes by describing features of Azure Active Directory (Azure AD).
This course is designed to teach you how to:
- Describe cloud computing, Azure, and Azure subscriptions.
- Use Azure PowerShell, the Azure Software Development Kit (SDK), and the Azure command-line interface (CLI) to manage Azure subscriptions.
- Create and configure virtual machines in Azure, and manage their disks.
- Create, configure, and monitor web apps in Azure and deploy Azure platform as a service (PaaS) cloud services.
- Create and configure Azure virtual networks.
- Create, manage, and configure cloud storage in Azure.
- Use Azure SQL Database to create, configure, and manage SQL databases.
- Create and manage Azure AD.