DevOps Engineering on AWS Course Objectives
This course is designed to teach you how to:
- Use the principal concepts and practices behind the DevOps methodology.
- Design and implement an infrastructure on AWS that supports one or more DevOps development projects.
- Use AWS CloudFormation and AWS OpsWorks to deploy the infrastructure necessary to create development, test, and production environments for a software development project.
- Use AWS CodeCommit and AWS CodeBuild to understand the array of options for enabling a Continuous Integration environment on AWS.
- Use AWS CodePipeline to design and implement a Continuous Integration and Delivery pipeline on AWS.
- Use AWS CodeStar to manage all software development activities in one place.
- Implement several common Continuous Deployment use cases using AWS technologies, including blue/green deployment and A/B testing.
- Distinguish between the array of application deployment technologies available on AWS (including AWS CodeDeploy, AWS OpsWorks, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Amazon EC2 Container Service, and Amazon EC2 Container Registry), and decide which technology best fits a given scenario.
- Use Amazon EC2 Systems Manager for patch management.
- Leverage Automated Testing in different stages of a CI/CD pipeline.
- Fine tune the applications you deliver on AWS for high performance and use AWS tools and technologies to monitor your application and environment for potential issues.