This week we focus on latest news from our partner: AWS re:Invent and launch of two new regions.
AWS re:Invent 2018 is expecting some 40 000 attendees on 26.-30.11.2018 in Las Vegas, USA. This year, re:Invent will feature sessions that cover topics that seen also in past years, such as databases, analytics & big data, security & compliance, enterprise, machine learning, and compute. You can to cross-search these topics in more detail in the session catalog.
We picked some interesting sessions to check from re:Invent 2018:
- Optimizing Costs as You Scale on AWS
- The Future of Enterprise Applications is Serverless
- Driving DevOps Transformation in Enterprises
- How HSBC Uses Serverless to Process Millions of Transactions in Real Time
- Build, Train, and Deploy Machine Learning for the Enterprise with Amazon SageMaker
- Managing Security of Large IoT Fleets
- Meeting Enterprise Security Requirements with AWS Native Security Services
Our team is also attending the event. Follow our postings from Las Vegas, and join the conversations on your expectations from re:Invent 2018.
Here is our AWS guru Miguel´s video wish list:
Check also Mikael´s (Data Driven Business Lead and AWS guru) wish list:
Last week AWS announced that they are building a new AWS Region in Milan, Italy and plan to open it up in early 2020. The upcoming Europe Region will have three Availability Zones and will be AWS´s sixth region in Europe, joining the existing regions in France, Germany, Ireland, the UK, and the new region in Sweden that is set to launch later this year.
AWS currently has 57 Availability Zones in 19 geographic regions worldwide, and another 15 Availability Zones across five regions in the works for launch between now and the first half of 2020 (check out the AWS Global Infrastructure page for more info).
Nordcloud is AWS Premier Consulting Partner since 2014 and AWS Managed Service Provider since 2015
At Nordcloud we know the AWS cloud, and we can help you take advantages of all the benefits Amazon Web Services has to offer.