An introduction to OpenShift
This is the second blog in a four-part series on OpenShift and specifically on Azure Red Hat OpenShift (ARO). In...
London, United Kingdom
Senior Azure Cloud Architect
About the Job
We are looking for experienced Azure Cloud Architects who relishes the opportunity to be innovative, creating new ideas that prove useful to the progression of our business and our customers. As an independent cloud-native organisation, our team delivers objective advice, cloud strategy, migration, automation, management, cloud platform capacity resale, and training to our customers.
As one of our Senior Cloud Architects you will work on projects of varying duration, complexity and technical environments. You will also have a chance to work with a variety of high-profile customers from several industries. As a member of our new Northern office, your day-to-day work can be anything from pre-sales activity, assistance with customer proposal writing, using best practices to design customer environments, implementing configuration management infrastructure, to taking a step back and giving design recommendations to a technical team. All in all, you’ll have a selection of different hats and have the luxury of following customer projects from start to release.
To be a successful Senior Azure Cloud Architect you should
· Have a strong background from public cloud environment, migrations and development. You are familiar specially with Azure and have experience in setting up everything from single instances to complex managed services. Be an expert in the Microsoft ecosystem.
· Have experience in design and delivery of systems based on Azure IaaS, PaaS and SaaS offerings, as well as exposure to different architecture models such as all-in and hybrid cloud.
· Be skilled Visual Studio Team Services and Azure Resource Manager
· Administering Active Directory, SQL Server, or IIS products in an automated manner. This could mean with PowerShell DSC, Team City, Octopus Deploy, SCCM, Chef, Puppet, or something else! As long as it’s maintainable, and doesn’t require much human intervention.
· Automate builds and configurations. You write new PowerShell resources, and read and modify existing PowerShell.
· Be familiar with common network components (e.g. DNS, routing, firewalls) and IT security and design patterns for cloud architectures.
· Microsoft Azure Certified.
To give you an idea what kind of a person we are looking for you should understand that everyone in the team works directly with customers and each of us must be able to explain technical content to people who might be less familiar with technology. Working with different people and teams is not a problem for us. To us delivering quality solutions is more important than “just getting the job done”.
Fill in the application below and we’ll get back to you.
All applicants must have the right to work in the EU and as we have varying opportunities to work internationally, possibility to travel up to 25% in UK and other locations in Europe is highly appreciated.
Direct applicants only.
Curious to see your possible colleagues-to-be and how is life at #NordcloudCommunity? Meet some of our team members on our Instagram account NordcloudCommunity and #NordcloudUK or check out a local story from our Senior Azure Architect (and his journey with Kubernetes) here.
Europe's leading cloud solution provider Nordcloud accelerates the digital transformation of its customers with the latest cloud technology. Since 2011, Nordcloud has completed more than 1000 successful deployments that have helped its enterprise customers reap the full benefits of the public cloud, including better security, agility, scalability and reduced costs. Nordcloud employs 400+ cloud experts around Europe. Nordcloud has local presence in UK, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Sweden, Switzerland and Austria. Nordcloud is one of only 2 European players in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Public Cloud Infrastructure Managed Services Providers 2018. We are proud to be an AWS Premier Consulting Partner, a Google Cloud Premier Partner and a Microsoft Gold Cloud Partner and Azure Expert MSP.