Nordcloud is a leading cloud system integrator in Europe with strong partnerships with Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform. We have completed more than 1000 successful deployments that have helped its enterprise customers reap the full benefits of the public cloud, including better security, agility, scalability and reduced costs and Nordcloud is one of only 2 European players in Gartner´s Magic Quadrant for Public Cloud Infrastructure Managed Services Providers 2018.
Currently, we are looking for a CTO to the Managed Cloud unit. You will be holding the main technical leader position at Nordcloud’s Managed Cloud business unit and you will be responsible for driving efficiency with automation and use of Nordcloud’s own tooling and IaC solutions.
- Acting as the technical leader for the managed services
- Making decisions on technologies and platforms used in managed cloud operations
- Being the chief of automation and helping out in driving work efficiency by creating and adopting new tools
- Cooperating in technical presales activities with the sales team
- Managing and driving a small and high performing tooling team
- Helping out to structure new services and products with a software-first approach
- Conceptualizing and designing new software-based managed services
- Deciding on hiring profiles and participating in tech interviews
- Keeping relationships with tooling partners
- Cooperating with the head of engineering on increasing the tooling penetration
- Driving efficiency through automation
- Supervising technology change management processes
A perfect candidate has:
- Preferably computer science degree BSC or Masters or PhD
- Love for open source and all that you can do with it :)
- Proven experience in programming languages (Python, Golang, Bash etc)
- Experience in one of the following cloud platforms: GCP, Azure, AWS
- Proven experience with Linux operating systems
- Nice to have automation tools: e.g. Terraform, AWS CDK, CloudFormation, Pulumi
- Hands-on experience within operations
- Experience in multi-culture and distributed environment
- Knowledge and experience with agile methods
We will achieve more if you strongly demonstrate:
- Automate all the things approach!
- Willingness to take ownership
- Passion about making things done
- Developed effective communication skills
- Hold my beer attitude
NORDCLOUD offers you:
- Highly skilled co-workers in a friendly and supportive working culture, we enjoy working and having fun together and sharing our knowledge
- Most advanced technologies. We are the overly excited techies who can’t wait to read about the newest launches!
- Benefits like health care, cafeteria system, access to learning platforms and breakfast on Thursdays, concierge support
- Great self-development possibilities - we organise internal presentations and workshops. If you want, you also get to write blog texts and give presentations in meetups
- A personal budget for training, conferences & certifications – we want you to grow!
Learn more about #NordcloudCommunity!
If you are interested in taking the next step in your career with a dynamic company, helping its customers embrace the cloud, please send us your CV and a few words about yourself. Before applying please remember that you must have permission to work in the EU.