As a GCP/AWS Cloud Architect, you’ll find yourself participating in customer projects, from new infrastructure builds and migrations, and big data. Day-to-day hands-on work can be from implementing CM infrastructure to taking a step back and giving workshops and design recommendations to a technical team. Furthermore, you will become a trusted advisor for high-profile enterprises and jointly manage the customer relationship and roadmap with the Nordcloud Sales team. All in all, you’ll have the position to follow customer projects from start to release.
Ideally, you’re bringing the following skills with you:
- Public cloud platform expert knowledge, especially Google Cloud Platform OR AWS (and/ or Azure is a plus)
- A background as Linux/Windows system administrator or backend development
- Have an understanding of on-premises technologies (e.g. VMware, OpenStack, or Hyper-V)
- Creating solution architectures
- Configuration management systems (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or similar)
- Container technologies (e.g. Kubernetes, Mesosphere, Docker Swarm)
- CI/CD environments
- Strong knowledge of at least two different programming languages
- Would be a plus if you already understand security, network, virtualization, load balancing, storage, and database
- As we have varying opportunities to work internationally, the possibility to travel up to 25% in the Netherlands and other locations in Europe is highly appreciated.
- All in all, you should have a solid engineering/technical background/hands-on experience with conceptualizing, strategizing and architecting cloud solutions. As you work directly with customers, social skills and a customer service attitude are a must.
Why is Nordcloud your next career move?
- We win together. We have 200+ certified AWS experts, 100+ certified Azure experts, and 70+ certified Google Cloud experts working from 19 different offices in 10 European countries, brilliant and friendly colleagues comprising 30+ nationalities.
- We grow together. You have lots of opportunities to develop yourself while working together with our leading European Cloud Professionals. We promote knowledge-sharing culture including Open Community events etc.
- We make a difference. You have a chance to work with a variety of high-profile customers from several industries using cutting-edge public cloud technologies. We work closely with the biggest players in the cloud industry: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft, and Google.
- We work smart. We’re continuously developing our business – which means we’re not stuck with the attitude of doing things as they’ve always been done.
- Interesting projects and a chance to work with a variety of high-profile customers from several industries
- Possibility to gather valued certificates and participate in world-class courses and training, you can choose from various courses to ensure continuous learning
- Lots of opportunities to develop your cloud expertise while working together with our leading European Cloud Professionals
- We provide the best colleagues, a competitive salary, and a range of benefits
- Besides an interesting assignment, you can enjoy our extra-curricular activities and the freedom to choose to work remotely
If you’d like to join us, please send us your CV or LinkedIn profile/GitHub. We'd love to see some of your public code samples! ;)
Nordcloud is a European leader in cloud implementation, application development, managed services, and training. It’s a recognized cloud-native pioneer with a proven track record helping organizations leverage the public cloud in a way that balances quick wins, immediate savings, and sustainable value. As well as partnering with VMware, Nordcloud is triple-certified across Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and Amazon Web Services – and is featured in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant. Nordcloud has 10 European hubs, over 500 employees and has delivered over 1,000 successful cloud projects for companies ranging from mid-size to large corporates. IBM announced its acquisition of Nordcloud on December 21, 2020.
We are digital builders born in the cloud. Joining Nordcloud is the chance of a lifetime to leave your mark on the IT industry!