Poznań, PL; Wrocław, PL; Warszawa, PL; Kraków, PL; Łódź, PL; Szczecin, PL; Bydgoszcz, Poland
When you join Nordcloud, you become part of a rapidly growing company where you will set your career on track for outstanding achievement within a company that knows no limits. Our customers are large enterprises seeking to be part of #TheCloudRevolution and to benefit from the ability to innovate faster than ever.
Managed Cloud Environments to keep customer systems operational and aligned with their needs. We provide end-to-end support from Incident Management to disaster recovery and vulnerability scanning – we make running and scaling the cloud simple. We are devoted to keeping cloud operations running simply with the highest quality.
To keep delivering next-generation Cloud Managed Services, Managed Cloud is currently looking for an experienced VMware Engineer which will be:
- Improving performance and availability of applications running in the public cloud.
- Working in squads fulfilling the mission.
- Handling monitoring, troubleshooting, debugging, and load testing of cloud-native applications.
- Contribute to the development of internal tools and products owned by the squad.
- Developing automation and IaC for customers’ infrastructure and applications.
- Minimizing the toil of the squad with automation and code.
- Contributing to the internal toolbox that helps us improve our processes, manage our/clients’ infrastructure, and scale the systems.
- Advising our customers on how to adopt the best possible service composition of public cloud-based services and tools.
- Keep and improve the level of customer satisfaction (including on-call).
- Contributing to Nordcloud’s internal community and enabling the best collaboration between colleagues.
We would like you to have:
- Broad technology understanding including Network (NSX-T/ACI), storage (NFS/FC, USA) backup solutions (snapshots/Cohesity), and DR recoveries (Zerto/SRM), vCloud Foundations, vRealize suite (operations, Log Insight, Automation).
- Ability to think abstractly.
- Knowledge of containers, host automation, and operating systems.
- Background in Linux/Unix system administration.
- Programming background with good knowledge in a modern programming language such as Golang or Python.
- Experience in solution architecture design.
- Experience in monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Solid skills in Git and CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with automation and IaC tools (Terraform, Ansible, PowerCLI, or similar).
- Public cloud platform experience, with at least one of the following: AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Solid understanding of agile methodologies.
- Strong communication skills, fluent English.
Skills that would be a plus:
- “Hold my beer – I got this” attitude.
- Experience with VMware on Cloud (VMware Cloud on AWS, Azure VMware Solution, Google Cloud VMware Engine).
- VMware certifications, with VMware Certified Professional, are highly desired.
- Previous experience working with an external customer/being a consultant.
- Experience working in international environments with geographically dispersed teams.
- Self-directed and -motivated.
Why is Nordcloud your next career move?
- Brilliant and friendly colleagues comprising 30+ nationalities from all over the world.
- We’re continuously developing our business – that means, we’re not stuck with the attitude of doing things as they’ve always been done.
- A chance to work with a variety of high-profile customers from across industries.
- Work when you’re the most productive. Do you get up early or can’t work before your 3rd coffee? We offer flexible working hours. As long as the customer is happy, your colleagues are happy and you are happy – we are happy as well!
- Benefits like health care, cafeteria system, life insurance, virtual assistant, a high-end laptop and smartphone of your choice, etc.
- Events & fun – besides all your interesting work assignments, feel free to enjoy our extra-curricular activities.
- There’s a possibility to gather valued certificates and participate in world-class courses and training – choose from various courses to ensure continuous learning with a personal training budget!
If you’d like to join us, please send us your CV or LinkedIn profile.
Nordcloud is a European leader in cloud implementation, application development, managed services, and training. It’s a recognized cloud-native pioneer with a proven track record of helping organizations leverage the public cloud in a way that balances quick wins, immediate savings, and sustainable value. Nordcloud is triple-certified across Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and Amazon Web Services – and is featured in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant. Nordcloud has 10 European hubs, and over 1000 employees and has delivered over 1,000 successful cloud projects for companies ranging from midsize to large corporates. Nordcloud has been an IBM company since early 2021.