VMware Cloud Engineer
Poznań, PL; Wrocław, PL; Warszawa, PL; Kraków, PL; Łódź, PL; Szczecin, PL; Bydgoszcz, Poland
We are digital builders born in the cloud and currently, we are looking for VMware Cloud Engineer.
Joining Nordcloud is the chance of a lifetime to leave your mark on the European IT industry! We use an agile, cloud-native approach to empower clients to seize the full potential of the public cloud. As our new VMware Cloud Engineer, you will join our Managed Cloud team.
Managed Cloud Environments is a highly specialized operational unit that provides end-to-end delivery for the underlying infrastructure of Cloud-Native platforms. Our team consists of experienced and ambitious specialists in every major cloud provider, including AWS, Azure, and GCP. We encourage our experts to think outside the box, using creative cloud-native solutions to deliver extraordinary value to our clients through automation and efficiency improvements.
Your daily work:
- Improving performance and availability of applications running in the public cloud
- Working in squads fulfilling the mission
- Handling monitoring, troubleshooting, debugging, and load testing of cloud-native applications
- Contribute to the development of internal tools and products owned by the squad
- Developing automation and IaC for customers’ infrastructure and applications
- Minimizing the toil of the squad with automation and code
- Contributing to the internal toolbox that helps us improve our processes, manage our/clients’ infrastructure, and scale the systems
- Advising our customers on how to adopt the best possible service composition of public cloud-based services and tools
- Keep and improve the level of customer satisfaction (including on-call)
- Contributing to Nordcloud’s internal community and enabling the best collaboration between colleagues
Your skills and attributes of success:
- Public cloud platform experience, with at least one of the following: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Hands-on experience of vSphere HA, DRS, vMotion, Storage vMotion, Update Manager, vSAN
- Broad understanding of Network (NSX-T/ACI), storage (FC/iSCSI/NFS) , DR recoveries (Zerto/SRM)
- Knowledge on vCloud Foundations, vRealize suite (operations, Log Insight, Automation)
- VMWare infrastructure design, implementation, and ongoing management
- Experience supporting both Linux/Windows environments on VMware
- Troubleshoot and resolve VMware platform issues on the cloud
- Experience with automation and IaC tools (Terraform, Ansible, PowerCLI, or similar)
- Exposure to storage & backup solutions (SAN / Cohesity/Commvault / Veeam)
- Solid understanding of agile methodologies
- Solid skills in Git and CI/CD pipelines
- Fluent communication skills in English
Your super-powers (we’d consider any of these as a big plus):
- ‘Hold my beer – I got this’ attitude
- Experience with VMware on Cloud (VMware Cloud on AWS, Azure VMware Solution, Google Cloud VMware Engine)
- VMware certifications, with VMware Certified Professional, are highly desired
- Previous experience working with an external customer/being a consultant
- Experience working in international environments with geographically dispersed teams
- Self-directed and -motivated
What do we offer in return?
- A highly skilled multinational team
- Individual training budget and exam fees for partner certifications (Azure, AWS, GCP) and additional certification bonus covered by Nordcloud
- Access to join and the possibility to create knowledge-sharing sessions within a community of leading cloud professionals
- Flexible working hours and freedom to choose your tools (laptop and smartphone) and ways of working
- Freedom to work fully remotely within the country of Poland
- Local benefits such as health care, life insurance, access to learning platforms, a cafeteria system, and a virtual assistant (AskHenry)
Learn more about #NordcloudCommunity. If you’d like to join us, please send us your CV or LinkedIn profile.
Ukrainians and those fleeing the Ukrainian war, are welcome to apply, we will support you with your work visa process.
Nordcloud, an IBM company, is a European leader in cloud advisory, implementation, application development, managed services, and training. It’s a recognized cloud-native pioneer with a proven track record of helping organizations leverage the public cloud in a way that balances quick wins, immediate savings, and sustainable value. Nordcloud is triple-certified across Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and Amazon Web Services – and is a Visionary in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Public Cloud IT Transformation Services. Nordcloud has 10 European hubs, over 1500 employees, and counting, and has delivered over 1,000 successful cloud projects.
Learn more at nordcloud.com