We are digital builders born in the cloud and currently, we are looking for a Senior/Regular Google Cloud Data Engineer.
Joining Nordcloud is the chance of a lifetime to leave your mark on the European IT industry! We use an agile, cloud-native approach to empower clients to seize the full potential of the public cloud.
Your daily work:
- Designing, architecting, and implementing modern cloud-based pipelines for our customers
- Making data accessible and usable for a new wave of data-powered apps and services
Your skills and attributes of success:
- 3+ years of professional programming experience and hands-on experience in building modern data platforms/pipelines
- Knowledge of the following programming languages:
- Java (nice to have)
- Experience in job orchestration (Airflow, Composer, etc.)
- OPS knowledge – Kubernetes/Docker/CI/CD – how to efficiently put things into prod
- Basic IaaC skills (Terraform or similar tools)
- Testing skills (writing automated tests / data quality checks)
- Basic low-tech data analytics skills – Excel/pandas
- At least two of the following skill sets:
- Experience in Google Cloud
- Experience in Data Engineering related technology stack (Big Query, Dataflow, Pub/Sub, Composer)
- Good knowledge of data storage and processing engines in the selected Cloud provider
- Experience in Big Data Technologies (in the cloud or on-prem)
- Spark (Scala or pySpark)
- Hadoop, HDFS, Hive/Impala, Pig
- Familiarity with Big Data file formats
- Selecting appropriate database engine for various use cases
- Experience in SQL
- Data modeling (Kimball, Inmon, Data Vault, etc.)
- Advanced SQL in any SQL dialect
- ANSI SQL/specific database specific dialects
- Spark SQL
- Hive / Impala
- Presto / Trino
- Experience in building ETL processes for data warehousing solutions
- Experience in Google Cloud
- Consultancy experience
- Previous experience gained in mid-size/large, international companies
- Fluent communication skills in English and Polish
Your super-powers (we’d consider any of these as a big plus):
- Google Cloud certifications
- Knowledge of more than one cloud
- Experience with MongoDB or Cassandra
- Familiarity with data lake architectures
- Experience with Databricks or Snowflake
- Strong communication skills
If you don’t meet all of the desired criteria, but still fit most of the requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway. Let’s find out together if we are a good fit for each other!
What do we offer in return?
- A highly skilled multinational team
- Individual training budget and exam fees for partner certifications (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud) and additional certification bonus covered by Nordcloud
- Access to join and the possibility to create knowledge-sharing sessions within a community of leading cloud professionals
- Flexible working hours and freedom to choose your tools (laptop and smartphone) and ways of working
- Freedom to work fully remotely within the country of Poland
- Local benefits such as health care, life insurance, a cafeteria system, and a virtual assistant (AskHenry)
Learn more about #NordcloudCommunity. If you’d like to join us, please send us your CV or LinkedIn profile.
Ukrainians and those fleeing the Ukrainian war, are welcome to apply, we will support you with your work visa process.
Nordcloud, an IBM company, is a European leader in cloud advisory, implementation, application development, managed services, and training. It’s a recognized cloud-native pioneer with a proven track record of helping organizations leverage the public cloud in a way that balances quick wins, immediate savings, and sustainable value. Nordcloud is triple-certified across Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and Amazon Web Services – and is a Visionary in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Public Cloud IT Transformation Services. Nordcloud has 10 European hubs, over 1300 employees, and counting, and has delivered over 1,000 successful cloud projects.
Learn more at nordcloud.com