(Senior) FinOps Advisor
Munich, Stockholm, Worldwide
Currently, we’re looking for a Cloud Advisor to our global FinOps unit at Nordcloud. You can work remotely in this position, but you have to be based either in Germany or in Sweden and speak the local language.
In this role, you will provide expert guidance on all cloud cost-related matters, from governance (business process optimization) to performance (cost efficiency, cost modeling, cost of ownership). You will leverage best practices to design and implement services that provide financial control of our customers’ public cloud environment and provide recommendations on how cloud usage should be optimized to access all available saving opportunities. You will partner with governance teams in cloud security and infrastructure engineering, both internally (at Nordcloud) and externally (at the Customer) and you will collaborate with hyperscalers to build and maintain strategic relationships.
Your role will be a key driver in the following areas:
- As a FinOps Advisor, you will become a trusted advisor to the CxOs in the customer organization
- Supporting our customers in defining their cloud strategy, and aligning it with the business goals, while analyzing and adjusting their FinOps related cloud governance processes accordingly
- Evangelizing the cloud operating model, advising on the procurement process and consumption methods (e.g. contracting, OPEX vs CAPEX)
- Building and maintaining cloud usage visibility, providing summaries and detailed usage statistics for resources across the customer’s public clouds
- Working closely with financial and billing teams on budgets, forecasts, show backs, and chargebacks
- Providing early intervention advice to consumers: identifying opportunities to optimize, offering actionable insights on cost avoidance and cost reduction.
- Assisting the customers with compute savings plans and reserved instance purchase strategies
- Creating operational metrics and introducing KPIs to support and validate recommendations, assisting with following up with the necessary stakeholders (e.g. designing and introducing responsibility matrices).
- Leading regular cadence calls to keep stakeholders informed, providing insights on findings and suggested courses of action
- Creating and maintaining external (customer) and internal (Nordcloud) documentation on adopted FinOps and cost optimization processes, sharing best practices and lessons learned
What do you need to be successful in this role:
- Several years of professional experience in a similar role, ideally with another consultancy company; knowledge of FinOps practices
- Experience in business process optimization, ability to quantify the monetary impacts of bottlenecks, and recommended changes
- Experience in reporting, forecasting, and communicating costs related to technology
- Conceptual knowledge of cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, VMware).
- Strong ability to analyze and interpret data and provide insights
- Understanding of billing and metering for cloud platforms, including the impact of usage patterns on the total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Fluency in English and local language (German or Swedish)
Why is Nordcloud your next career move?
- Freedom to choose your tools and ways of working to deliver results
- Numerous opportunities to develop expertise in all key marketing functions
- Clear opportunities to directly influence a rapidly growing business
- Working with a range of industry-leading customers across Europe
- A flat organization, where exceptional talents can make a real impact
- Flexibility in working hours and location
- Benefits like access to learning platforms, a high-end laptop and a smartphone of your choice, etc.
If you’d like to join us, please send us your CV or LinkedIn profile.
For candidates seeking a remote working setup: for remote, we mean that you must work from the local country.
Nordcloud is a European leader in cloud implementation, application development, managed services, and training. It’s a recognized cloud-native pioneer with a proven track record of helping organizations leverage the public cloud in a way that balances quick wins, immediate savings, and sustainable value. Nordcloud is triple-certified across Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and Amazon Web Services – and is featured in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant. Nordcloud has 10 European hubs, and over 1000 employees and has delivered over 1,000 successful cloud projects for companies ranging from midsize to large corporates. Nordcloud has been an IBM company since early 2021.
We are digital builders born in the cloud. Joining Nordcloud is the chance of a lifetime to leave your mark on the IT industry!