Senior Database Administrator
London, GB; Manchester, GB; Leeds, GB; Bristol, GB; Edinburgh, United Kingdom
When you join Nordcloud, you become part of a rapidly growing company where you will set your career on track for outstanding achievement within a company that knows no limits. Our customers are large enterprises seeking to be part of #TheCloudRevolution and to benefit from the ability to innovate faster than ever.
As a Database Administrator, you will work with database technologies, including SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL, and Oracle. You will also have the opportunity to work on multiple cloud platforms, such as AWS, Azure, and GCP.
Being a Database Administrator you will work with:
- Microsoft SQL server
- Oracle DB
Our ideal candidate has:
- Expertise in SQL Server, Postgres, or MySQL
- Expertise in designing high availability and disaster recovery solutions for the databases
- Expertise in performance tuning databases schemas, indexes, and queries
- Experience from working directly with the customers
- Skills in automation and scripting
- Skills in Azure
- Experience working with the external customer
- Ability to communicate complex technical topics in English
Skills that will be considered beneficial:
- Skills with NoSQL databases
- Skills in programming and scripting
- Skills with Terraform or Ansible
- Knowledge of cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- Hands-on experience with Data Warehouses and columnar databases
Nordcloud offers you:
- Highly skilled co-workers in a friendly and supportive working culture, we enjoy working and having fun together and sharing our knowledge
- Most advanced technologies. We are the overly excited techies who can’t wait to read about the newest launches!
- Benefits like health care, cafeteria system, life insurance, access to learning platforms, concierge support
- Great self-development possibilities – we organize internal presentations and workshops. If you want, you also get to write blog texts and give presentations at meetups
- A personal budget for training, conferences & certifications – we want you to grow!
If you are interested in taking the next step in your career with a dynamic company, helping its customers embrace the cloud, please send us your CV or LinkedIn profile.
Nordcloud is a European leader in cloud implementation, application development, managed services, and training. It’s a recognized cloud-native pioneer with a proven track record of helping organizations leverage the public cloud in a way that balances quick wins, immediate savings, and sustainable value. As well as partnering with VMware, Nordcloud is triple-certified across Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and Amazon Web Services – and is featured in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant. Nordcloud has 10 European hubs, and over 1000 employees and has delivered over 1,000 successful cloud projects for companies ranging from mid-size to large corporates. IBM announced its acquisition of Nordcloud on December 21, 2020.
We are digital builders born in the cloud. Joining Nordcloud is the chance of a lifetime to leave your mark on the IT industry!