Senior Cloud Engineer (AWS)
Poznań, PL; Wrocław, PL; Warszawa, PL; Kraków, PL; Łódź, PL; Szczecin, PL; Bydgoszcz, Poland
When you join Nordcloud, you become part of a rapidly growing company where you will set your career on track for outstanding achievement within a company that knows no limits. Our customers are large enterprises seeking to be part of #TheCloudRevolution and to benefit from the ability to innovate faster than ever.
As one of the core business units in Nordcloud, Managed Cloud is responsible for the end-to-end delivery of top-quality Cloud-Native Managed Services. As a truly Agile organization, we take special care not only about top edge technologies but as well, about delivering our customer services with a true added value. We truly believe that to stay at the cutting edge of cloud operations, we need to focus on getting rid of toil, which ultimately means increased efficiency and productivity for our customers and real growth possibilities for our people.
To keep delivering next-generation Cloud Managed Services, Managed Cloud is currently looking for an experienced Senior Cloud Engineer which will be:
- Improving performance and availability of applications running in the public cloud
- Working in a team fulfilling the mission
- Building standards and processes in CoE
- AWS expertise in knowledge management
- Mentoring and evangelism in other delivery teams about the AWS domain
- Developing automation and IaC for customer’s infrastructure and applications
- Minimizing the toil of the squad with automation and code
- Contributing to the internal toolbox that helps us improve our processes, manage our/clients’ infrastructure, and scale the systems
- Advising our customers on how to adopt the best possible service composition of public cloud-based services and tools
- Contributing to Nordcloud’s internal tech community and enabling the best collaboration between colleagues
- Helping to build expert competencies related to the AWS cloud
- Building and facilitating expert workshops
We would like you to have:
- Ability to think in an abstract way
- Knowledge of containers, host automation, and operating systems
- Background in Linux/Unix system administration
- Programming background with good knowledge in a modern programming language such as Golang or Python
- 3+ years of design, implementation, or consulting experience in applications or infrastructures
- Experience in monitoring and troubleshooting
- Solid skills in Git and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with automation and IaC tools (Terraform, Ansible, or similar)
- Professional experience architecting/building/operating solutions on AWS
- AWS certifications, with Solutions Architect Associate or Professional highly desired
- Solid understanding of agile methodologies
- Strong communication skills, fluent English
Skills that would be a plus:
- “Hold my beer – I got this” attitude
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Previous experience working with an external customer/being a consultant
- Experience working in international environments with geographically dispersed teams
- Self-directed and -motivated
We offer you:
- Highly skilled co-workers in a friendly and supportive working culture, we enjoy working and having fun together and sharing our knowledge
- Most advanced technologies. We are the overly excited techies who can’t wait to read about the newest launches!
- Benefits like health care, cafeteria system, life insurance, access to learning platforms, concierge support
- Great self-development possibilities – we organize internal presentations and workshops. If you want, you also get to write blog texts and give presentations at meetups
- A personal budget for training, conferences & certifications – we want you to grow!
- Fully remote position, you can work from any place in Poland unless it’s fine for you 😉
- We have offices in Poznań and Wrocław if you want to come and grab a cup of coffee with a team
If you’d like to join us, please send us your CV or LinkedIn profile.
Ukrainians and those fleeing the Ukrainian war, are welcome to apply, we will support you with your work visa process.
What you can expect at Nordcloud is a straightforward working team of highly skilled Cloud Architects and Consultants that work with the public cloud and the related features all day in and out. The pace at which we operate is very fast, the collaboration across Europe is intense and the fun to be had both locally and in international team meetings is huge.
For candidates seeking a remote working setup: for remote, we mean that you must work from the local country.
Nordcloud is a European leader in cloud implementation, application development, managed services, and training. It’s a recognized cloud-native pioneer with a proven track record of helping organizations leverage the public cloud in a way that balances quick wins, immediate savings, and sustainable value. As well as partnering with VMware, Nordcloud is triple-certified across Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and Amazon Web Services – and is featured in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant. Nordcloud has 10 European hubs, and over 1000 employees and has delivered over 1,000 successful cloud projects for companies ranging from mid-size to large corporates. IBM announced its acquisition of Nordcloud on December 21, 2020.
We are digital builders born in the cloud. Joining Nordcloud is the chance of a lifetime to leave your mark on the IT industry!