Join Nordcloud and make your mark on the European IT industry. Help our clients thrive on their cloud journey in solution areas such as infrastructure, migration, data, and security.
Currently, we are looking for a Senior Cloud Data Engineer for our team in Finland.
“You will be joining our stable data team that already has a strong foothold in the existing customer base. We would like you to support our growth and offering in the data area while contributing to our demanding customer project.” – Ville Mäkiranta, Head of Transform
Your daily responsibilities:
- Working as a spearhead in our customer projects, together with our sales team, creating value for the customer and strengthening our team
- Creating impact on our customer projects, building data pipelines and designing data transformations on cloud data platforms
- At times working together with our sales, delivery experts, customer and project managers to design and architect data solutions, with ownership from a technical point of view
- Being part of our diverse global data team (nationalities from over 30 countries) building deltalakes, lakehouses, and data warehouses
As we have varying opportunities to work internationally, some readiness to travel in Finland and other locations in Europe is required.
Your key skills:
- Strong skills and working experience with AWS or Azure
- Knowledge of another hyperscaler, preferably Google Cloud
- Experience with two of the following tools: Databricks, Snowflake and/or DataVault
- Proficiency in Python, SQL with some knowledge of cloud computing
- Solid understanding of git/version control
- Work experience with Azure Data Stack
- Experience with Spark
- Passion for learning new technologies
- Knowledge of agile methodologies
- Experience in building and designing data solutions in large environments
- Degree in computer science or equivalent
- Fluent communication skills in English and Finnish
The successful candidate is expected to go through a security clearance.
What sets you apart (we’d consider any of these a big plus):
- Experience with Databricks
- Hands-on experience with any cloud provider
- Familiarity with data warehousing and lakehouse
- Some experience with NoSQL, Kafka
We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet all of the requirements. We value your growth potential and enthusiasm!
What do we offer in return?
- Individual training budget and exam fees for partner certifications
- Flexible working hours and hybrid/remote working model
- Laptop and equipment of your choice
- Local package such as extensive private health care and wellness benefits
Nordcloud, an IBM company, is a European leader in cloud advisory, implementation, application development, managed services, and training. We are triple-certified across Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud and Amazon Web Services, and we are recognized as a ‘Visionary’ by Gartner for Public Cloud IT Services. With 10 European hubs and over 1300 employees, we are known for our innovative cloud-native solutions and we have delivered over 1000 successful cloud projects.