We are digital builders born in the cloud and currently, we are looking for a Senior Azure Cloud Architect.
Joining Nordcloud is the chance of a lifetime to leave your mark on the European IT industry! We use an agile, cloud-native approach to empower clients to seize the full potential of the public cloud.
As a Senior Azure Cloud Architect at Nordcloud, you will work on various customer projects, from building a new infrastructure to migrations, audits and Big Data. The daily work can include everything from implementing a configuration management infrastructure to conducting workshops and design recommendations for a technical team. You will also become a trusted advisor to well-known companies and manage the customer relationships, and roadmap together with the Nordcloud sales team.
Your daily work:
- Technical consultant for developers and Azure users
- Contribute to the design and implementation of cloud infrastructure solutions and services that meet the needs of our customers
- Communication with stakeholders and participation in coordination meetings
- Creation of innovative PoC
- Automating the cloud environment with CI/CD pipelines and Infrastructure as a Code
- Definition and implementation of security strategies
- Migration of on-premises workloads to cloud environments and modernization of old solutions to cloud-native technologies
Your skills and attributes of success:
- At least 3 years of practical Azure experience from successfully implemented projects and knowledge of the various Azure Platform Services
- Consulting experience with cloud services
- DevOps “toolkit” and mindset
- Experience with infrastructure as code frameworks (e.g. Terraform, Bicep or Pulumi)
- Knowledge of container technologies (Kubernetes, Docker, EKS) and/or configuration management systems (Ansible or similar).
- Experience in the administration of Windows and/or Linux servers or back-end development
- Ability to create and present solution architectures in terms of availability, performance and cost
- Good command of scripting languages (Powershell, Bash, Python…)
- 5 years of work experience in the tech industry
- Fluent communication skills in English plus either fluency in German or French is a must
If you don’t meet all of the desired criteria, but still fit most of the requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway. Let’s find out together if we are a good fit for each other!
What do we offer in return?
- A highly skilled multinational team
- Individual training budget and exam fees for partner certifications (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud) and additional certification bonus covered by Nordcloud
- Access to join and the possibility to create knowledge-sharing sessions within a community of leading cloud professionals
- Flexible working hours and freedom to choose your tools (laptop and smartphone) and ways of working
- Freedom to work fully remotely within the country of Switzerland
- Local benefits such as 27 days holiday allowance, sports benefits, and many more
Learn more about #NordcloudCommunity. If you’d like to join us, please send us your CV or LinkedIn profile.
Nordcloud, an IBM company, is a European leader in cloud advisory, implementation, application development, managed services, and training. It’s a recognized cloud-native pioneer with a proven track record of helping organizations leverage the public cloud in a way that balances quick wins, immediate savings, and sustainable value. Nordcloud is triple-certified across Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and Amazon Web Services – and is a Visionary in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Public Cloud IT Transformation Services. Nordcloud has 10 European hubs, over 1300 employees, and counting, and it has delivered over 1,000 successful cloud projects.
Learn more at nordcloud.com