We are digital builders born in the cloud and currently, we are looking for a Senior AWS Cloud Architect.
Joining Nordcloud is the chance of a lifetime to leave your mark on the European IT industry! We use an agile, cloud-native approach to empower clients to seize the full potential of the public cloud.
Your daily work:
- Participating in various customer projects, for example new infrastructure builds, migrations, or data- and AI-related services
- Implementing configuration management infrastructure
- Giving workshops and designing recommendations for a technical team
- Becoming a trusted advisor for high-profile enterprise businesses and jointly managing the customer relationship and roadmap with the Nordcloud Sales team
- All in all, you’ll have the position to follow customer projects from inception to release.
As we have varying opportunities to work internationally, some readiness to travel in Norway and other locations in Europe is required.
Your skills and attributes of success:
- Hands-on experience with implementation using network, security, storage, and database services with at least one Cloud Provider
- You know your way around the building blocks of AWS
- Hands-on experience with automation and use of Infrastructure-as-Code tools (like Terraform, CloudFormation, or similar)
- You like automating tasks and hate doing manual changes
- Experience with scripting
- Comfortable in at least one scripting language (like Python, Bash)
- Comfortable with the shell and cloud-related CLI tools
- You use scripting to automate and create glue code between services
- Experience in communicating, designing, and guiding the implementations of cloud solutions
- We favor clear-mindedness, curiosity, and attention to detail over extensive but messy knowledge
- Fluent communication skills in both English and Norwegian
Your super-powers (we’d consider any of these as a big plus):
- Understanding of on-premises technologies (like VMware, OpenStack, or Hyper-V)
- Knowledge of container technologies (Kubernetes, ECS, Docker)
- Experience in building CI/CD pipelines
- Knowledge of configuration management systems (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or similar)
- Experience in backend programming with languages like (Java, Go, or similar)
All in all, you should have a solid engineering/technical background/hands-on experience with conceptualizing, strategizing, and architecting cloud solutions. As you work directly with customers, social skills and a customer service attitude are a must.
If you don’t meet all of the desired criteria, but still fit most of the requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway. Let’s find out together if we are a good fit for each other!
What do we offer in return?
- A highly skilled multinational team
- Individual training budget and exam fees for partner certifications (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud) and additional certification bonus covered by Nordcloud
- Access to join and the possibility to create knowledge-sharing sessions within a community of leading cloud professionals
- Flexible working hours and freedom to choose your tools (laptop and smartphone) and ways of working
- Hybrid work (4 days remote, 1 in the office, or more if you like)
- Local benefits such as extensive private health care and insurance, wellness benefits
Learn more about #NordcloudCommunity. If you’d like to join us, please send us your CV or LinkedIn profile.
Nordcloud, an IBM company, is a European leader in cloud advisory, implementation, application development, managed services, and training. It’s a recognized cloud-native pioneer with a proven track record of helping organizations leverage the public cloud in a way that balances quick wins, immediate savings, and sustainable value. Nordcloud is triple-certified across Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and Amazon Web Services – and is a Visionary in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Public Cloud IT Transformation Services. Nordcloud has 10 European hubs, over 1300 employees, and counting, and it has delivered over 1,000 successful cloud projects.
Learn more at nordcloud.com