Senior Architect: SAP Platform Migration to the Cloud
Munich, DE; Berlin, DE; Frankfurt, DE; Hamburg, DE; Cologne, DE, Düsseldorf, DE; Stuttgart, Germany
When you join Nordcloud, you become part of a rapidly growing company where you will set your career on track for outstanding achievement within a company that knows no limits. Our customers are large enterprises seeking to be part of #TheCloudRevolution and to benefit from the ability to innovate faster than ever.
We’re now looking for Senior Architects to support our SAP Platform Migration to Public Cloud business. Nordcloud is planning to enhance SAP architect capacities for the engineering of application innovation services and professional management of innovation and operation in our strategic long-term customer engagements. In your role as (Senior) Architect, you will assume ownership in pre-sales activities, supporting acquisitions of new customers and for services aiming to steer customers towards operational stability and performance and adoption of innovation along with roadmaps that help consume advanced SAP software and services while aligning IT strategy with the business strategy.
Your daily work:
- Oversee migrating Nordcloud clients’ SAP environments to Cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure), implementing and maintaining multiple SAP instances that comprise the SAP environment (development, test, training, and production).
- In depths understanding of introducing technical changes into the environment using a structured approach that minimizes risk and achieves high reliability, availability, and performance of each SAP instance.
- Oversee design and implementation of an optimal SAP configuration to maximize system performance and availability.
- Build and enhance IBM joint and Nordcloud independent offering for SAP Platform Migration services regarding ○ Cloud Infrastructure Provisioning & Management for SAP on Hyperscaler (Host, Network, Storage, Landing Zone, etc.) ○ SAP Rapid Time to Value Lift & Shift Offering incl. Management of SAP Basis on Cloud.
- Work with Hyperscaler partners Microsoft Azure and AWS and our alliance leads to drive SAP on cloud business.
- Take ownership of the Development and Engineering of Application Innovation Services and E2E Implementation of Service Execution Readiness with Sales, Delivery, and Customer Engagement Units inside the Nordcloud Services organization.
- Support the delivery units to further build necessary client capabilities needed and ensure pre-sales capability.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- SAP technical proficiency with at least 3 full life-cycle SAP implementations and 5+ years of industry or consulting experience.
- Background in IT Architecture and key methodologies for efficient deployment and operation of SAP applications.
- Ability to lead conversations with Customers, SAP, SAP, Developers, and Architects.
- Deep understanding of SAP Basis workstream in implementing and/or supporting different SAP components such as SAP S/4HANA, SAP HANA, SAP Fiori/Gateway, SAP PO, SAP Business Objects, BW on HANA, SAP Business Suite on HANA, etc.
- Broad technical background with knowledge of system sizing and architecture.
- Designing and Implementing High Availability/DR Solutions for SAP Applications.
- Experience and track record in selling SAP-based migrations, upgrades & solutions.
- You have an understanding and passion for further increasing the knowledge of modern cloud-native technologies, digital design, IoT and data-driven solutions, and DevOps.
- You are trusted by your customers to deliver what you promise and provide valuable insight and solutions that have an impact on their business.
- Past hands-on experience in productizing services for improved repeatability, scalability, and efficiency both on commercial and back-office layers.
- Leadership and collaboration skills.
- Structured and analytical way of working.
- Excellent communication skills in both English and German language and readiness to travel (subject to Covid).
- As a person, you are a team player and target-oriented
Why Nordcloud as your next career move?
- In this role, you will be in a key position in developing new business and productized services for our SAP platform offering.
- Lots of opportunities to develop your expertise and for professional growth with access to relevant training to support the growth while working together with our leading cloud professionals. We grow together in our learning community! You can participate in world-class training and knowledge-sharing sessions.
- We’re continuously developing our business – which means we’re not stuck with the attitude of doing things as they’ve always been done.
- Flexible working hours and freedom to choose your tools and ways of working.
- A wide range of benefits like certificates paid, a high-end laptop and a smartphone of your choice, etc.
- Events & fun – besides all your interesting work assignments, feel free to enjoy our extra-curricular activities such as clubs, virtual coffees, after work, etc. And of course, we welcome new activities open-heartedly if you have anything in your mind!
If you’d like to join us, please send us your CV or LinkedIn profile.
For candidates seeking a remote working setup: for remote, we mean that you must work from the local country.
Nordcloud is a European leader in cloud implementation, application development, managed services, and training. It’s a recognized cloud-native pioneer with a proven track record of helping organizations leverage the public cloud in a way that balances quick wins, immediate savings, and sustainable value. As well as partnering with VMware, Nordcloud is triple-certified across Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and Amazon Web Services – and is featured in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant. Nordcloud has 10 European hubs, and over 1000 employees and has delivered over 1,000 successful cloud projects for companies ranging from mid-size to large corporates. IBM announced its acquisition of Nordcloud on December 21, 2020.