Join Nordcloud and make your mark on the European IT industry. Help our clients thrive on their cloud journey in solution areas such as infrastructure, migration, data, and security.
Currently, we are looking for an OpenShift Architect for our team in the UK.
Your daily responsibilities:
- Creating customized OpenShift solutions through activities such as running strategy & discovery workshops
- Collaborating with stakeholders to create the best solution to fit the customer’s cloud architecture
- Developing Vision, Strategy, and Roadmaps deliverables to meet technical solutions
- Leading technical validation of the OpenShift solution against business/IT needs
- Participating in deep architectural discussions with enterprise customers and OpenShift cloud partners to build confidence and ensure customer success when building new and migrating existing applications, software, and services on VMware’s cloud platform
- Maintaining, supporting & improving our Cloud platforms using SRE principles including some 24×7 standby requirements
- Continuing iteration of our Infrastructure as Code & pipeline based product catalog, responding to change, implementing enhancements & improving the platform reliability
Your key skills:
- Experience working with OpenShift (OCP, ACS, ADF and ACM)
- Experience working with public cloud platforms (AWS or Azure)
- Strong experience using Kubernetes and associated products (Service Mesh, EFK, etc.)
- Strong DevOps understanding, “Infrastructure as Code” using technology such as Terraform, Chef and Jenkins, Ansible
- Strong Engineering background and prepared to work in an operations environment
- Ability to write scripts in languages such as PowerShell, Bash, Python, and Groovy
- A strong understanding of Cloud Security and working within an enterprise compliance framework
- Experienced at solving problems and troubleshooting, fixing, and resolving issues – owning incidents and problems through to root cause
- Fluent communication skills in English
We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet all of the requirements. We value your growth potential and enthusiasm!
What do we offer in return?
- Individual training budget and exam fees for partner certifications
- Flexible working hours and hybrid working model
- Laptop and equipment of your choice
- Local package such as up to 7% matched pension contributions, extensive private health care, Bupa dental plan, and a seasonal ticket loan, enhanced maternity and parental leave, gym expense or well-being monthly and mobile phone allowance
Nordcloud, an IBM company, is a European leader in cloud advisory, implementation, application development, managed services, and training. We are triple-certified across Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud and Amazon Web Services, and we are recognized as a ‘Visionary’ by Gartner for Public Cloud IT Services. With 10 European hubs and over 1300 employees, we are known for our innovative cloud-native solutions and we have delivered over 1000 successful cloud projects.