Managed Cloud Security Services Analyst
Helsinki, FI; Jyväskylä, FI; Salo, FI; Oulu, FI; Kuopio, Finland
We are digital builders born in the cloud and currently, we are looking for a Managed Cloud Security Services Analyst (Tier 1).
Joining Nordcloud is the chance of a lifetime to leave your mark on the European IT industry! We use an agile, cloud-native approach to empower clients to seize the full potential of the public cloud.
Your daily work:
- Analyze detections and alerts and respond to security threats from Firewall (FW), Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Antivirus (AV), Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR/EDX), and other security threat data sources
- Conduct Security Monitoring activities to provide Security Depth visibility into potential known and unknown threats
- Document actions in cases to effectively communicate information to internal stakeholders as well as for historical retrieval
- Resolve problems independently and understand escalation procedures
- Participate in security incidents and act as the technical Subject Matter Expert during significant security incidents
- Conduct operations surrounding cyber security incident response technologies including network logging and forensics, security information and event management tools, security analytics platforms, log search technologies, and host-based forensics as applicable
- Assist in development and knowledge sharing within the team
- Assist in security console tuning
- The job role may require shift work
Your skills and attributes of success:
- Minimum 1+ years of experience working within a SOC, Threat Hunt, or Threat Intel team
- Experience with Linux and Windows OS
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Passion for information security and data security
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- A motivated fast learner who can identify, analyze, and remediate potential threats to the environment
- Knowledge of the security industry
- Fluent communication skills in English
Your super-powers (we’d consider any of these as a big plus):
- At least 1 year of experience in Incident Response
- Experience in fast-paced investigations
- Experience with programming or scripting languages
- Experience with cloud environments
- Familiarity with Microsoft Sentinel, Microsoft Defender(s), EDX, and Vulnerability Management tools
If you don’t meet all of the desired criteria, but still fit most of the requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway. Let’s find out together if we are a good fit for each other!
What do we offer in return?
- A highly skilled multinational team
- Individual training budget and exam fees for partner certifications (Azure, AWS, GCP) and additional certification bonus covered by Nordcloud
- Access to join and the possibility to create knowledge-sharing sessions within a community of leading cloud professionals
- Flexible working hours and freedom to choose your tools (laptop and smartphone) and ways of working
- Freedom to work fully remotely within the country of Finland
- Local benefits such as extensive private health care and wellness benefits
If you’d like to join us, please send us your CV or LinkedIn profile.
Nordcloud, an IBM company, is a European leader in cloud advisory, implementation, application development, managed services, and training. It’s a recognized cloud-native pioneer with a proven track record of helping organizations leverage the public cloud in a way that balances quick wins, immediate savings, and sustainable value. Nordcloud is triple-certified across Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and Amazon Web Services – and is a Visionary in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Public Cloud IT Transformation Services. Nordcloud has 10 European hubs, over 1500 employees, and counting, and it has delivered over 1,000 successful cloud projects.
Learn more at nordcloud.com