Lead Containerization Practice
London, GB; Manchester, GB; Leeds, GB; Bristol, GB; Edinburgh, United Kingdom
We are digital builders born in the cloud and currently, we are looking for a Kubernetes Practice Lead.
Joining Nordcloud is the chance of a lifetime to leave your mark on the European IT industry! We use an agile, cloud-native approach to empower clients to seize the full potential of the public cloud. As our new Containerization Practice Lead, you will join our Professional Services team.
Nordcloud Professional Services encompass a wide variety of roles aiming at helping our customers succeed in their cloud journey. It includes areas such as Advisory, architecting, and engineering, as well as application development. They cover all public cloud technologies and domains and public cloud providers. We are passionate about the possibilities that cloud services bring and we use them to deliver quality solutions above and beyond just “getting the job done”.
Your daily work:
- Develop containerization strategies for Enterprise customers: analyze current state containers strategy and create strategies to develop the adoption of Kubernetes within the customer’s cloud landscape
- Ideally be hands-on with experience driving through leadership and quality in a development team – including development strategy, best practices, cloud cost management, tooling selection and decisions, and vendor relations.
- Lead container modernization programs for clients: propose DevOps technology solutions and take the lead in implementing and evaluating those solutions. Supervise and deliver architecture design, infrastructure design, build and deployment activities
- Build out your Kubernetes team: lead and bring talented people into the team. You will be running the Kubernetes team, working across multiple engagements, managing scrums, and work priorities, performance management, and hiring and team building
As a Practice Lead, we have an opportunity for an individual to help scale and grow our new container practice in the UK. You will be coaching and leading the team of Architects, leading delivery engagements, and supporting presales and sales architecture. Furthermore, you will become a trusted advisor for high-profile enterprise businesses and jointly manage the customer relationship and roadmap with the Nordcloud Sales team. All in all, you’ll have a selection of different ‘hats’ to put on and have the luxury of following customer projects from start to release.
Your skills and attributes of success:
- Experience of how professional service teams can deliver projects at speed and scale:
- Expert level of knowledge on Containers/Kubernetes/OpenShift with experience with performing technical work at the platform level or through high-level presales advisory work
- Experience in analytics and reporting: You will feel comfortable building out analytics and reporting solutions to solve customer requirements
- Ability to speak about Kubernetes from different perspectives: You are comfortable handling Kubernetes discussions at the technical, business, or financial level
What do we offer in return?
- A highly skilled multinational team
- Individual training budget and exam fees for partner certifications (Azure, AWS, GCP) and additional certification bonus covered by Nordcloud
- Access to join and the possibility to create knowledge-sharing sessions within a community of leading cloud professionals
- Flexible working hours and freedom to choose your tools (laptop and smartphone) and ways of working.
- Hybrid work (4 days remote, 1 in the UK office or more if you like)
- Local benefits such as a pension scheme with matching contribution, extensive private health care, and insurance, Bupa dental plan, seasonal ticket loan, and gym expenses are covered by the company
Learn more about #NordcloudCommunity. If you’d like to join us, please send us your CV or LinkedIn profile.
Nordcloud, an IBM company, is a European leader in cloud advisory, implementation, application development, managed services, and training. It’s a recognized cloud-native pioneer with a proven track record of helping organizations leverage the public cloud in a way that balances quick wins, immediate savings, and sustainable value. Nordcloud is triple-certified across Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and Amazon Web Services – and is a Visionary in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Public Cloud IT Transformation Services. Nordcloud has 10 European hubs, over 1500 employees, and counting, and has delivered over 1,000 successful cloud projects.
Learn more at nordcloud.com