Lead Azure Architect
London, GB; Manchester, GB; Leeds, GB; Bristol, United Kingdom
We are digital builders born in the cloud and currently, we are looking for Lead Azure Architect.
Joining Nordcloud is the chance of a lifetime to leave your mark on the European IT industry! We use an agile, cloud-native approach to empower clients to seize the full potential of the public cloud.
As a Lead Azure Architect, you will find yourself participating in various customer projects, from new infrastructure builds and migrations, to audits and big data.
Day-to-day work can be anything from implementing configuration management infrastructure to taking a step back and giving workshops and design recommendations to a technical team. You will be coaching and leading the Azure team of Architects, leading delivery engagements, and supporting presales and sales architecture. Furthermore, you will become a trusted advisor for high-profile enterprise businesses and jointly manage the customer relationship and roadmap with the Nordcloud Sales team. All in all, you’ll have a selection of different ‘hats’ to put on and have the luxury of following customer projects from start to release.
Your skills and attributes of success:
- Hands-on experience with Cloud Architecture Design and/or Cloud Architectural Patterns for Development
- Experience leading other Cloud Architects and leading delivery engagements
- Advanced knowledge of at least one of the following platforms: Azure (GCP is a plus)
- Solid engineering/technical background/hands-on experience with conceptualizing, strategizing, and architecting cloud solutions.
- Windows and/or Linux sys op background
- Previous experience in the design and delivery of systems based on IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS offerings, as well as exposure to different architecture models
- DevOps skills for leading the team and consulting the customer
- Experience with building CI/CD pipelines
- Knowledge of security, network, virtualization, load balancer, storage, and database
- Container technologies experience (e.g. Kubernetes, OpenShift)
- Hands-on experience with IaaC for managing the cloud
- Coding/scripting skills (Bash, Python, Powershell, or similar)
- Active customer consultant and pre-sales attitude are a must
As we have varying opportunities to work internationally, some readiness to travel in the United Kingdom and other locations in Europe is required.
If you don’t meet all of the desired criteria, but still fit most of the requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway. Let’s find out together if we are a good fit for each other!
What do we offer in return?
- A highly skilled multinational team
- Individual training budget and exam fees for partner certifications (Azure, AWS, GCP) and additional certification bonus covered by Nordcloud
- Access to join and the possibility to create knowledge-sharing sessions within a community of leading cloud professionals
- Flexible working hours and freedom to choose your tools (laptop and smartphone) and ways of working.
- Hybrid work (4 days remote, 1 in the UK office or more if you like)
- Local benefits such as a pension scheme with matching contribution, extensive private health care, and insurance, Bupa dental plan, seasonal ticket loan, and gym expenses are covered by the company
Learn more about #NordcloudCommunity. If you’d like to join us, please send us your CV or LinkedIn profile.
Nordcloud, an IBM company, is a European leader in cloud advisory, implementation, application development, managed services, and training. It’s a recognized cloud-native pioneer with a proven track record of helping organizations leverage the public cloud in a way that balances quick wins, immediate savings, and sustainable value. Nordcloud is triple-certified across Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and Amazon Web Services – and is a Visionary in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Public Cloud IT Transformation Services. Nordcloud has 10 European hubs, over 1500 employees, and counting, and has delivered over 1,000 successful cloud projects.
Learn more at nordcloud.com