Database Reliability Engineer
Amsterdam, NL; Rotterdam, NL; The Hague, NL; Utrecht, NL; Eindhoven, NL; Tilburg, NL; Groningen, Netherlands
We are digital builders born in the cloud and currently, we are looking for Database Reliability Engineer.
Joining Nordcloud is the chance of a lifetime to leave your mark on the European IT industry! We use an agile, cloud-native approach to empower clients to seize the full potential of the public cloud.
In our Database Reliability Engineering Team, you’ll be joining a group of database professionals with decades of experience from various data platforms and industries. In the role of Database Reliability Engineer, you’ll be working closely with our customers as well as our cloud architects and developers by providing database expertise and knowledge to projects.
Your day-to-day work in our team can be anything related to databases. From migrating database workloads to the cloud to developing our tools and processes, or performing health checks and performance tuning databases.
As a SQL Server Database Reliability Engineer, you will work mainly with SQL Server databases, hosted on multiple cloud platforms, such as AWS, Azure, and GCP.
Your skills and attributes of success:
- Expertise with SQL Server
- Some experience from one additional database technology
- Expertise in designing high availability and disaster recovery solutions for the databases
- Expertise in performance tuning databases schemas, indexes, and queries
- Experience in database migrations, preferably on a large scale
- Experience from working in a customer-facing role
- Skills in automation and scripting
- Fluent communication skills in English
Your super-powers (we’d consider any of these as a big plus):
- Skills with NoSQL databases
- Skills in programming and scripting
- Skills with Terraform or Ansible
- Knowledge of cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- Hands-on experience with Data Warehouses and columnar databases
What do we offer in return?
- A highly skilled multinational team
- Individual training budget and exam fees for partner certifications (Azure, AWS, GCP) and additional certification bonus covered by Nordcloud
- Access to join and the possibility to create knowledge-sharing sessions within a community of leading cloud professionals
- Flexible working hours and freedom to choose your tools (laptop and smartphone) and ways of working
- Freedom to work fully remotely within the country of the Netherlands
- Local benefits such as holiday & pension allowance, sick leave insurance & liability insurance, wellness benefits
Learn more about #NordcloudCommunity. If you’d like to join us, please send us your CV or LinkedIn profile.
Nordcloud, an IBM company, is a European leader in cloud advisory, implementation, application development, managed services, and training. It’s a recognized cloud-native pioneer with a proven track record of helping organizations leverage the public cloud in a way that balances quick wins, immediate savings, and sustainable value. Nordcloud is triple-certified across Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and Amazon Web Services – and is a Visionary in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Public Cloud IT Transformation Services. Nordcloud has 10 European hubs, over 1500 employees, and counting, and has delivered over 1,000 successful cloud projects.
Learn more at nordcloud.com