Database Reliability Engineer
Poznań, PL; Wrocław, PL; Warszawa, PL; Kraków, PL; Łódź, PL; Szczecin, PL; Bydgoszcz, Poland
We are digital builders born in the cloud and currently, we are looking for Database Reliability Engineer.
Joining Nordcloud is the chance of a lifetime to leave your mark on the European IT industry! We use an agile, cloud-native approach to empower clients to seize the full potential of the public cloud.
Your daily work:
- Migrating database workloads to the cloud
- Performing health checks to performing tuning of databases
- Working on various consultation projects
- Providing Cloud DBA Service – we help our customers manage their data assets in the public cloud platforms.
Being a Database Reliability Engineer you will work with:
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Oracle DB
Your skills and attributes of success:
- Expertise in SQL Server, Postgres, or MySQL
- Expertise in designing high availability and disaster recovery solutions for the databases
- Expertise in performance tuning databases schemas, indexes, and queries
- Experience from working directly with the customers
- Skills in automation and scripting
- Experience working with the external customer
- Fluent communication skills in English
Your super-powers (we’d consider any of these as a big plus):
- Skills with NoSQL databases
- Skills with Oracle
- Skills in programming and scripting
- Skills with Terraform or Ansible
- Knowledge of cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- Hands-on experience with Data Warehouses and columnar databases
What do we offer in return?
- A highly skilled multinational team
- Individual training budget and exam fees for partner certifications (Azure, AWS, GCP) and additional certification bonus covered by Nordcloud
- Access to join and the possibility to create knowledge-sharing sessions within a community of leading cloud professionals
- Flexible working hours and freedom to choose your tools (laptop and smartphone) and ways of working
- Freedom to work fully remotely within the country of Poland
- Local benefits such as health care, life insurance, access to learning platforms, a cafeteria system, and a virtual assistant (AskHenry)
Learn more about #NordcloudCommunity. If you’d like to join us, please send us your CV or LinkedIn profile.
Ukrainians and those fleeing the Ukrainian war, are welcome to apply, we will support you with your work visa process.
Nordcloud, an IBM company, is a European leader in cloud advisory, implementation, application development, managed services, and training. It’s a recognized cloud-native pioneer with a proven track record of helping organizations leverage the public cloud in a way that balances quick wins, immediate savings, and sustainable value. Nordcloud is triple-certified across Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and Amazon Web Services – and is a Visionary in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Public Cloud IT Transformation Services. Nordcloud has 10 European hubs, over 1500 employees, and counting, and has delivered over 1,000 successful cloud projects.
Learn more at nordcloud.com