Cloud Security Engineer
Helsinki, FI; Jyväskylä, FI; Salo, FI; Oulu, FI; Kuopio, Finland
When you join Nordcloud, you become part of a rapidly growing company where you will set your career on track for outstanding achievement within a company that knows no limits. Our customers are large enterprises seeking to be part of #TheCloudRevolution and to benefit from the ability to innovate faster than ever.
To enable that growth, we’re now looking for a Cloud Security Engineer to join our team in Finland.
Your daily work and solutions we build:
As a Cloud Security Engineer at Nordcloud you’ll find yourself participating in various customer projects, making sure that cloud infrastructure is secure, proper controls are in place, and also participating in developing our models of how we make our customers’ environments secure.
Furthermore, you will become a trusted security advisor for high-profile enterprise businesses and jointly manage the customer relationship and roadmap with the Nordcloud Sales team. All in all, you’ll have a selection of different ‘hats’ to put on and have the luxury of following customer projects from start to release.
What we would like to see:
- Knowledge and experience in cloud security.
- Experience and expertise in configuring cloud security solutions and platform-level mitigations.
- Certifications for GCP, AWS, or Azure. Other relevant security certifications are considered a plus.
- Enthusiasm in developing yourself and enjoying new challenges.
- Communication skills in English or Finnish required, skills in both languages would be considered a plus.
- Some working experience in security or cloud security.
- Understanding of Application Security, Identity & Access Management, Offensive Security (i.e., red teaming or penetration testing) or/and Security Configuration Management is considered a plus.
As we have varying opportunities to work internationally, there might be travel required locally and/or other locations in Europe (subject to covid restrictions).
What you can expect at Nordcloud is a straightforward working team of highly skilled Cloud Architects and Consultants that work with the public cloud and the related features all day in and out. The pace at which we operate is very fast, the collaboration across Europe is intense and the fun to be had both locally and in international team meetings is huge.
Our motivation stems from technology and the persistent need to be constantly better and know more. Education and learning are a visible part of our daily life and growth take place outside the comfort zone. Because of this, we’ve earned the place as the trusted advisors to our customers and community when escorting them on their journey in or to the cloud.
- A variety of interesting projects in an exciting area – the cloud is one of the hottest topics in the IT market of today.
- Motivating targets – we aim for ambitious growth.
- Brilliant co-workers who are motivated to develop our business – we are not stuck with the attitude of doing things as they’ve always been done.
- Positive, friendly, multi-cultural, and supportive working environment – we enjoy working together in a flat organization where we share knowledge continuously.
- Freedom to come up with new ideas and do your own decisions – micromanagement is not our thing.
- Independent training budget and time off for self-studies and development.
If you’d like to join us, please send us your CV or LinkedIn profile.
For candidates seeking a remote working setup: for remote, we mean that you must work from the local country.
Nordcloud is a European leader in cloud implementation, application development, managed services, and training. It’s a recognized cloud-native pioneer with a proven track record helping organizations leverage the public cloud in a way that balances quick wins, immediate savings, and sustainable value. As well as partnering with VMware, Nordcloud is triple-certified across Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and Amazon Web Services – and is featured in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant. Nordcloud has 10 European hubs, over 1000 employees and has delivered over 1,000 successful cloud projects for companies ranging from mid-size to large corporates. IBM announced its acquisition of Nordcloud on December 21, 2020.