Cloud Project Manager
Helsinki, FI; Jyväskylä, FI; Salo, FI; Oulu, FI; Kuopio, Finland
When you join Nordcloud, you become part of a rapidly growing company where you will set your career on track for outstanding achievement within a company that knows no limits. Our customers are large enterprises seeking to be part of #TheCloudRevolution and to benefit from the ability to innovate faster than ever.
Since 2011, Nordcloud has been on a mission to help our customers embrace the maximum benefits of the public cloud. To help us follow the same track, we are looking for a Cloud Project Manager to join us. In this role, you will ensure that Nordcloud is helping our customers grow their business and that their success becomes our success.
On a day-to-day basis, you will find yourself:
- Being responsible for project technical scope and expectation management as well as agreeing to responsibilities and accountabilities with stakeholders
- Being responsible for project-specific technical choices for customer IT (e.g. to which public cloud platform they will deploy)
- Being responsible for project’s scope management and estimating project workloads together with the team
- Being accountable for escalations and risk management
- Planning concrete tech tasks and allocating them to the team
- Carrying out more traditional PM tasks such as project portfolio management, budgeting, forecasting, invoicing, customer and internal status reporting, overall project governance
- Identifying the technical prerequisites for upcoming projects with customer stakeholders
- Identifying technical dependency within the project and customer’s architecture
- Leading and coaching our Cloud (Operations) Architects with a scrum master type of mentality
- Supporting Account Tech Lead in developing customer’s tech strategy
As a great Cloud Project Manager, you should have:
- Track record from several successful, larger-scale cloud migration and transition projects
- General project management skills using agile methods
- Background in working with multinational remote teams (we have multiple sites in Europe), preferably in consultancy type of fast-paced organization
- Experience in managing customer relationships – you have previously worked in a customer-facing, project management role for a technology company and understand the importance of managing customer expectations
- Previous experience in defining and continuously improving processes
- Drive to learn new things along with a keen interest in the public cloud – you’re motivated to keep yourself up to date with cloud evolution and understand how it can bring value to our customers
- ‘Get it done’ attitude and ownership for tasks from their inception to completion
- Excellent communication skills in Finnish and English and readiness to travel (subject to covid)
- Experience from the public sector is considered a huge asset
Why Nordcloud as your next career move?
- As a Project Manager, you will be part of a cloud expert team with an all-around skill set. We appreciate that you bring in your share of wisdom with you and extend our internal know-how and procedures.
- Lots of interesting learning opportunities on your journey to becoming a cloud project management expert. You can grow professionally and develop your expertise with access to relevant training and knowledge-sharing sessions to support you while working together with our leading cloud professionals. We grow together in our learning community!
- We’re continuously developing our business – which means we’re not stuck with the attitude of doing things as they’ve always been done.
- Flexible working hours and freedom to choose your tools and ways of working.
- Wide range of benefits like private health care, certificates paid, wellness & public transportation benefits, a high-end laptop, and a smartphone of your choice.
- Events & fun – besides all your interesting work assignments, feel free to enjoy our extra-curricular activities such as clubs, virtual coffees, after work, etc. And of course, we welcome new activities open-heartedly if you have anything in mind!
Send us your CV and/or LinkedIn profile and we’ll get back to you soon. Please include your salary expectation in your application.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
For candidates seeking a remote working setup: for remote, we mean that you must work from the local country.
Nordcloud is a European leader in cloud implementation, application development, managed services, and training. It’s a recognized cloud-native pioneer with a proven track record helping organizations leverage the public cloud in a way that balances quick wins, immediate savings, and sustainable value. As well as partnering with VMware, Nordcloud is triple-certified across Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and Amazon Web Services – and is featured in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant. Nordcloud has 10 European hubs, over 1000 employees and has delivered over 1,000 successful cloud projects for companies ranging from mid-size to large corporates. IBM announced its acquisition of Nordcloud on December 21, 2020.
We are digital builders born in the cloud. Joining Nordcloud is the chance of a lifetime to leave your mark on the tech industry!