Join Nordcloud and make your mark on the European IT industry. Help our clients thrive on their cloud journey in solution areas such as infrastructure, migration, data, and security.
Currently, we are looking for an Azure Databricks Data Engineer for our team in Poland.
Your daily responsibilities:
- Designing, architecting, and implementing modern cloud-based pipelines for our customers
- Making data accessible and usable for a new wave of data-powered apps and services
Your key skills:
- 5+ years of professional programming experience and hands-on experience in building modern data platforms/pipelines
- At least one programming language: Python/Scala/Java
- Experience in job orchestration (Airflow, Composer, etc.)
- Experience in Databricks
- Experience in Azure; (AWS, Google Cloud would be a plus)
- Experience in Data Engineering related technology stack (Azure Synapse, ADF, Dataflow, Pub/Sub – this is not an exhaustive list)
- Good knowledge of data storage and processing engines in the selected Cloud provider
- Consultancy experience
- Previous experience gained in mid-size/large, international companies
- Fluent communication skills in English
What sets you apart (we’d consider any of these a big plus):
- OPS knowledge – Kubernetes/Docker/CI/CD – how to efficiently put things into prod
- Basic IaaC skills (Terraform or similar tools)
- Testing skills (writing automated tests/data quality checks)
- Basic low-tech data analytics skills – Excel/pandas
- Experience in SQL
- Data modeling (Kimball, Inmon, Data Vault, etc.)
- Advanced SQL in any SQL dialect
- ANSI SQL/specific database specific dialects
- Spark SQL
- Experience in building ETL processes for data warehousing solutions
- Experience with MongoDB or Cassandra
- Familiarity with data lake architectures
- Experience with Snowflake
- Active (knowledge-proven) certificates
We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet all of the requirements. We value your growth potential and enthusiasm!
What do we offer in return?
- Individual training budget and exam fees for partner certifications
- Flexible working hours and hybrid/remote working model
- Laptop and equipment of your choice
- Local package such as health care, life insurance, a cafeteria system, and a virtual assistant (AskHenry)
Nordcloud, an IBM company, is a European leader in cloud advisory, implementation, application development, managed services, and training. We are triple-certified across Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud and Amazon Web Services, and we are recognized as a ‘Visionary’ by Gartner for Public Cloud IT Services. With 10 European hubs and over 1300 employees, we are known for our innovative cloud-native solutions and we have delivered over 1000 successful cloud projects.