Azure Data Architect
Poznań, PL; Wrocław, PL; Warszawa, PL; Kraków, PL; Łódź, PL; Katowice, PL; Bydgoszcz, Poland
We are digital builders born in the cloud and currently, we are looking for Azure Data Architect.
Joining Nordcloud is the chance of a lifetime to leave your mark on the European IT industry! We use an agile, cloud-native approach to empower clients to seize the full potential of the public cloud.
Your daily work:
- Design, architect, and implement modern cloud-based pipelines for our customers
- Make data accessible and usable for a new wave of data-powered apps and service
Your skills and attributes of success:
- 7+ years of professional programming experience and hands-on experience in building modern data platforms/pipelines
- At least one programming language: Python / Scala / Java
- Experience in job orchestration (Airflow, Composer, etc)
- At least two of the following skillsets (short term – Azure and SQL are preferred):
- Experience in Azure
– Active certificates are a plus
– Knowledge of more than one cloud is a plus
- Experience in Big Data technologies (in the cloud or on-prem)
– Spark (Scala or pySpark)
– Hadoop, HDFS, Hive/Impala, Pig
– Familiarity with Big Data file formats
– MongoDB or Cassandra is a plus
– Familiarity with data lake architectures is a plus
- Experience in SQL
– Data modeling (Kimball, Inmon, Data Vault, etc)
– Advanced SQL in any SQL dialect:
* Commercial and open-source databases
* Hive / Impala,
* Presto / Trino,
* Oracle Exadata experience is a plus,
– Experience building ETL processes for data warehousing solutions
- Experience in Azure
- Some PowerBI familiarity is a plus
- SSAS knowledge is a plus (Tabular models)
- Consultancy experience
- Previous experience gained in mid-size/large, international companies
- Fluent communication skills in English
Your super-powers (we’d consider any of these as a big plus):
- “Hold my beer – I got this” attitude
- Insight Geek needs constant feeding
- Strong communication skills
If you don’t meet all of the desired criteria, but still fit most of the requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway. Let’s find out together if we are a good fit for each other!
What do we offer in return?
- A highly skilled multinational team
- Individual training budget and exam fees for partner certifications (Azure, AWS, GCP) and additional certification bonus covered by Nordcloud
- Access to join and the possibility to create knowledge-sharing sessions within a community of leading cloud professionals
- Flexible working hours and freedom to choose your tools (laptop and smartphone) and ways of working
- Freedom to work fully remotely within the country of Poland
- Local benefits such as health care, life insurance, a cafeteria system, and a virtual assistant (AskHenry)
Learn more about #NordcloudCommunity. If you’d like to join us, please send us your CV or LinkedIn profile.
Ukrainians and those fleeing the Ukrainian war, are welcome to apply, we will support you with your work visa process.
Nordcloud, an IBM company, is a European leader in cloud advisory, implementation, application development, managed services, and training. It’s a recognized cloud-native pioneer with a proven track record of helping organizations leverage the public cloud in a way that balances quick wins, immediate savings, and sustainable value. Nordcloud is triple-certified across Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and Amazon Web Services – and is a Visionary in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Public Cloud IT Transformation Services. Nordcloud has 10 European hubs, over 1500 employees, and counting, and has delivered over 1,000 successful cloud projects.
Learn more at nordcloud.com