Azure Cloud Architect
Zürich, CH; Geneva, CH; Bern, CH; Basel, CH; Lausanne, CH; Lugano, CH; St. Gallen, Switzerland
When you join Nordcloud, you become part of a rapidly growing company where you will set your career on track for outstanding achievement within a company that knows no limits. Our customers are large enterprises seeking to be part of #TheCloudRevolution and to benefit from the ability to innovate faster than ever.
At Nordcloud you’ll get the chance to work with leading technologies as we partner with the premier global cloud platform infrastructure providers, including Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, and Microsoft Azure. We’re now looking for Senior Azure Cloud Architects to join our team in Switzerland.
Your daily work and solutions we build:
As a Cloud Architect at Nordcloud you’ll find yourself participating in various customer projects, from new infrastructure builds and migrations to audits and big data. Day-to-day work can be anything from implementing configuration management infrastructure to taking a step back and giving workshops and design recommendations to a technical team.
Furthermore, you will become a trusted advisor for high-profile enterprise businesses and jointly manage the customer relationship and roadmap with the Nordcloud Sales team. All in all, you’ll have a selection of different ‘hats’ to put on and have the luxury of following customer projects from start to release.
What we would like to see:
- Wide knowledge about Azure Cloud and its services.
- Consulting and team-leading skills with a customer-oriented attitude.
- Ability to create solution architectures for availability, performance, and cost.
- Solid understanding of on-premises technologies (e.g. VMware, OpenStack, or Hyper-V).
- Large-scale application deployment and management experience.
- Background as Linux/Windows system administrator or backend developer would be ideal.
- Experience in configuration management systems (Ansible or similar) and container technologies (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker).
- Competence in continuous integration/continuous deployment environments.
- Scripting skills.
- fluent English as well as German or French language skills
As we have varying opportunities to work internationally e.g. gross Nordics, there might be travel required in Finland and/or other locations in Europe (subject to covid restrictions).
What you can expect at Nordcloud is a straightforward working team of highly skilled Cloud Architects and Consultants that work with the public cloud and the related features all day in and out. The pace at which we operate is very fast, the collaboration across Europe is intense and the fun to be had both locally and in international team meetings is huge.
Our motivation stems from technology and the persistent need to be constantly better and know more. Education and learning are a visible part of our daily life and growth takes place outside the comfort zone. Because of this, we’ve earned the place as the trusted advisors to our customers and community when escorting them on their journey in or to the cloud.
- Wide range of benefits like private health care, certificates paid, wellness benefits, a high-end laptop, and a smartphone of your choice.
- Highly skilled co-workers in a friendly and supportive working culture, we enjoy working and having fun together and sharing our knowledge
- Most advanced technologies. We are the overly excited techies who can’t wait to read about the newest launches!
- Great self-development possibilities – we organize internal presentations and workshops. If you want, you also get to write blog texts and give presentations at meetups
- A personal budget for training, conferences & certifications – we want you to grow!
- Events & fun – besides all your interesting work assignments, feel free to enjoy our extra-curricular activities such as clubs, virtual coffees, after work, etc. And of course, we welcome new activities open-heartedly if you have anything in your mind!
We look forward to hearing from you!
If you have an appetite and/or a deep understanding of cloud infrastructure and its various relations, you catch yourself speaking cloud fluently sometimes in your spare time, and you have several years of industry expertise, we would love to hear from you!
Please send us your CV or LinkedIn profile and we’ll get back to you.
For candidates seeking a remote working setup: for remote, we mean that you must work from the local country.
Nordcloud is a European leader in cloud implementation, application development, managed services, and training. It’s a recognized cloud-native pioneer with a proven track record of helping organizations leverage the public cloud in a way that balances quick wins, immediate savings, and sustainable value. Nordcloud has 10 European hubs, and over 1000 employees and has delivered over 1,000 successful cloud projects for companies ranging from mid-size to large corporates. IBM announced its acquisition of Nordcloud on December 21, 2020.
We are digital builders born in the cloud. Joining Nordcloud is the chance of a lifetime to leave your mark on the tech industry!