Azure Cloud Architect
As an Azure Cloud Architect, you’ll find yourself participating in customer projects, from new infrastructure builds and migrations, and big data.
Day-to-day hands-on work can be from implementing CM infrastructure to taking a step back and giving workshops and design recommendations to a technical team. Furthermore, you will become a trusted advisor for high-profile enterprises and jointly manage the customer relationship and roadmap with the Nordcloud Sales team. All in all, you’ll have the position to follow customer projects from start to release.
We are looking for you check of our requirements within:
- Hands-on experience with network, security, storage and databases within Azure.
- You know your way around the building blocks of Azure
- Hands-on experience with automation and Infrastructure-as-Code tools (like terraform, CloudFormation or similar)
- You like automating tasks and hate doing manual changes
- Experience with scripting
- Comfortable in one programming language (like C#, Python, bash)
- Comfortable with the shell and Azure-CLI tool.
- You use scripting to automate and create glue code between services
- Communicating, designing, and guiding the implementations for our customer cloud solutions
- We favour clear minded, curiosity and attention to detail over extensive but messy knowledge
Ideally, you’re bringing the following skills with you:
- Experience from Linux/Windows
- An understanding of on-premises technologies (like VM-ware, OpenStack or Hyper-V)
- Experience from backend programming with languages (C#, Java, Go or similar)
- Container technologies (Kubernetes, ECS, GKE)
- Azure DevOps Toolkit
- Building CI/CD pipelines
- Configuration management systems (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or similar)
- As we have varying opportunities to work internationally, some traveling possibility in Europe is highly appreciated.
- Fluent Norwegian
- Norwegian security clearance
- All in all, you should have a solid engineering/technical background/hands-on experience with conceptualising, strategising and architecting cloud solutions. As you work directly with customers, social skills and a customer service attitude are a must.
Why is Nordcloud your next career move?
- Interesting projects and a chance to work with a variety of high-profile customers from several industries
- Possibility to gather valued certificates and participate in world-class courses and training, you can choose from various courses to ensure continuous learning
- Working with brilliant colleagues with high competence.
- Personal training budget
- Lots of opportunities to develop your cloud expertise while working together with our leading European Cloud Professionals
- We provide the best colleagues, a competitive salary, and a range of benefits
- Besides an interesting assignment, you can enjoy our extra-curricular activities, and great office location.
If you’d like to join us, please send us your CV or LinkedIn profile, GitHub. We’d love to see some of your public code samples! 😉
To get more insight into the daily life at Nordcloud community, please check out our Instagram profile, Community & Culture site, Facebook, and LinkedIn. For learning more about cloud and other modern technologies we recommend checking Nordcloud Engineering Medium page.
For candidates seeking a remote working setup: for remote we mean that you must work from the local country
Nordcloud is a European leader in cloud implementation, application development, managed services, and training. It’s a recognized cloud-native pioneer with a proven track record helping organisations leverage the public cloud in a way that balances quick wins, immediate savings, and sustainable value. As well as partnering with VMware, Nordcloud is triple-certified across Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and Amazon Web Services – and is featured in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant.
Nordcloud has 10 European hubs, over 1000 employees and has delivered over 1,000 successful cloud projects for companies ranging from mid-size to large corporates. IBM announced its acquisition of Nordcloud on December 21, 2020.
We are digital builders born in the cloud. Joining Nordcloud is the chance of a lifetime to leave your mark on the IT industry!