AWS Cloud Engineer
When you join Nordcloud, you become part of a rapidly growing company where you will set your career on track for outstanding achievement within a company that knows no limits. Our customers are large enterprises seeking to be part of #TheCloudRevolution and to benefit from the ability to innovate faster than ever.
Managed Cloud Applications keeps customer production systems developing and up to date. We proactively make the systems better in cooperation with customers.
Your daily work and the stuff you would do:
- You will work in our close-knit team of 4-6 professionals and a service line of several teams who support each other and share knowledge actively.
- Developing, maintaining, and debugging automation and IaC for customer’s infrastructure and applications
- Advising our customers on how to generally adopt the best possible service composition of public cloud-based services and tools
- Contribute to the development of internal automation tools and products owned by the squad
- You’ll also be supporting and assisting other developers, engineers, architects, and administrators.
- You get to build long-term relationships with our customers. The infrastructure you support and the code you write will power some of the most influential services in Norway and abroad. Get to know some of our customer case examples.
Our unreasonable expectations:
- Experience in AWS
- Experience with automation and IaC tools (Terraform, Ansible, or similar)
- Programming experience in general and specifically Python skills
- Linux & Windows system administration experience
- Basics in networking skills
- Solid skills in Git and CI/CD pipelines
- Ability to think in an abstract way
- Strong motivation, capabilities to learn new, and ambition to grow to the next level!
- Contributing to Nordcloud’s internal community and enabling the best collaboration between colleagues
- Self-organized ways of working
- Strong communication skills, fluent English
Skills that would be a plus:
- Experience in deploying and/or operating Oracle or SQL Servers
- Experience working in international environments with geographically dispersed teams
- Experience in monitoring and troubleshooting
- AWS DevOps or Solutions Architect Certificate
- Experience in Azure or GCP
- Understanding of agile methodologies
- Written and spoken German
- Highly skilled co-workers in a friendly and supportive working culture. We enjoy working and having fun together and sharing our knowledge
- Most advanced technologies. We are the overly excited techies who can’t wait to read about the newest launches!
- Great self-development possibilities. We organize internal presentations and workshops. If you want, you also get to write blog texts and give presentations at meetups
- A personal budget for training, conferences & certifications. We want you to grow.
- We provide the best colleagues, a competitive salary, and a huge range of benefits; Large Insurance package through IF including Private Health Care, Travel, Injury++, Competitive Pension Package, Training and Certificates paid, Paid home internet
- Events & fun – besides all your interesting work assignments, feel free to enjoy our extra-curricular activities such as clubs, virtual coffees, after work, etc. And of course, we welcome new activities open-heartedly if you have anything in your mind!
Check out our Instagram profile to get more insights into daily life at Nordcloud!
To apply, please send us your CV / LinkedIn profile.
For candidates seeking a remote working setup: for remote we mean that you must work from the local country
Nordcloud is a European leader in cloud implementation, application development, managed services, and training. It’s a recognized cloud-native pioneer with a proven track record helping organizations leverage the public cloud in a way that balances quick wins, immediate savings, and sustainable value. As well as partnering with VMware, Nordcloud is triple-certified across Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and Amazon Web Services – and is featured in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant. Nordcloud has 10 European hubs, over 1000 employees and has delivered over 1,000 successful cloud projects for companies ranging from mid-size to large corporates. IBM announced its acquisition of Nordcloud on December 21, 2020.
We are digital builders born in the cloud. Joining Nordcloud is the chance of a lifetime to leave your mark on the IT industry!