We are digital builders born in the cloud and currently, we are looking for an AWS Cloud Architect.
Joining Nordcloud is the chance of a lifetime to leave your mark on the European IT industry! We use an agile, cloud-native approach to empower clients to seize the full potential of the public cloud.
A Cloud Architect is an AWS expert, who acts as a technical consultant for developers and AWS users. In addition to that, the Cloud Architect takes part in the design and implementation of cloud infrastructure solutions and services fulfilling our customers’ needs. You can be based everywhere in Germany.
Your daily work:
- Acting as a technical consultant for developers and AWS users
- Taking part in the design and implementation of cloud infrastructure solutions and services fulfilling our customers’ needs
- Stakeholder communication and participating in alignment meetings
- Building innovative PoC
- Automation of the cloud environment with CI/CD pipelines and Infrastructure as a Code
- Defining and implement secure strategies
- Migrating on-premises workloads to cloud environments and modernize old solutions to cloud native technologies
Your skills and attributes of success:
- Hands-on AWS experience from successful projects; knowledge of AWS platform services
- DevOps “toolkit” and attitude
- Terraform knowledge
- Knowledge of container technologies (Kubernetes, Docker, EKS)
- Windows server and/or Linux server administration experience
- Good command of scripting languages (Powershell, Bash,…)
- Some willingness to travel
- Fluent communication skills in English and German
Your super-powers (we’d consider any of these as a big plus):
- Database knowledge (SQL/NoSQL)
- Knowledge of configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Networking know-how
- Knowledge of serverless computing
- Developer background
- Consulting experience
- Relevant certifications are appreciated
If you don’t meet all of the desired criteria, but still fit most of the requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway. Let’s find out together if we are a good fit for each other!
What do we offer in return?
- A highly skilled multinational team
- Individual training budget and exam fees for partner certifications (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud) and additional certification bonus covered by Nordcloud
- Access to join and the possibility to create knowledge-sharing sessions within a community of leading cloud professionals
- Flexible working hours and freedom to choose your tools (laptop and smartphone) and ways of working
- Freedom to work fully remotely within the country of Germany
- Local benefits such as 30 days holiday allowance, pension allowance, Qualitrain card, and many more
Nordcloud is committed to equal employment opportunity and welcomes applications from all qualified regardless of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic.
Learn more about #NordcloudCommunity. If you’d like to join us, please send us your CV or LinkedIn profile.
Nordcloud, an IBM company, is a European leader in cloud advisory, implementation, application development, managed services, and training. It’s a recognized cloud-native pioneer with a proven track record of helping organizations leverage the public cloud in a way that balances quick wins, immediate savings, and sustainable value. Nordcloud is triple-certified across Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and Amazon Web Services – and is a Visionary in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Public Cloud IT Transformation Services. Nordcloud has 10 European hubs, over 1300 employees, and counting, and it has delivered over 1,000 successful cloud projects.
Learn more at nordcloud.com