24 April 2023
Nordcloud announced today that it has achieved the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud Operations Competency as one of the inaugural AWS Partners.
What is the AWS Cloud Operations Competency?
The new AWS Cloud Operations Competency allows customers to select validated AWS Partners who offer comprehensive solutions with an integrated approach across all five solution areas of Cloud Operations: Cloud Financial Management, Cloud Governance, Monitoring and Observability, Compliance and Auditing, and Operations Management.
As an AWS Cloud Operations Competency Partner, Nordcloud has demonstrated expertise in helping customers build a strong and scalable foundation for their end-to-end cloud operations.
Why is this competency important?
It can be time-consuming and challenging to figure out the best way to set up the organisation for operational excellence. But without the right model for operating in cloud at scale:
- Organisations can struggle to balance security, compliance and operational safety with the drive to boost innovation, speed and agility
- Devs can struggle with inefficient and siloed development processes
- You can end up dealing with errors and downtime in mission-critical applications
- There are missed opportunities to generate a larger ROI during digital transformation
Many of these issues come from focusing on one area of cloud operations over others – be it because of siloes, firefighting or simply a drive for progress in the face of legacy technologies and processes.
AWS Cloud Operations Competency Partners have proven customer success in delivering solutions to help customers set up, build, migrate, and operate securely and efficiently with an integrated approach to Cloud Operations.
What aspects of cloud operations does Nordcloud support?
Nordcloud helps you establish models and best practices for end-to-end cloud operations.
“Our approach has always been about helping organisations balance quick wins and sustainable value from the cloud, and effective operational models are key to achieving this,” said Peter Bakker, AWS Partner Manager at Nordcloud. “Being one of the first AWS Partners to achieve the AWS Cloud Operations Competency reflects the success of our approach – which is cost-effective and scalable thanks to our frameworks and automation-driven tooling.”
The AWS Cloud Operations Competency differentiates AWS Partner Network (APN) members with significant expertise in providing cross functional guidance across the five solution areas of Cloud Operations. Nordcloud follows AWS best practices and has proven experience in:
- Cloud Governance – When you set up an environment optimised for governance, you increase productivity and operational efficiency. We help you plan, build and manage hybrid cloud environments that are secure, scalable and cost-efficient from the start. This means addressing potential threats, leveraging best practices and meeting compliance requirements – including when integrating other services and third-party tools.
- Cloud Financial Management – We help customers plan for optimised cloud spend management from Day 1 with services, tooling and resources. You can therefore organise and track cloud costs and usage, implement cost controls, more accurately budget and forecast, and further improve cost efficiency with resource utilisation and purchase strategy optimisation.
AWS is enabling scalable, flexible, and cost-effective solutions from startups to global enterprises. To support the seamless integration and deployment of these solutions, AWS established the AWS Competency Program to help customers identify AWS Partners with deep industry experience and expertise.
What does success look like from a cloud operations perspective?
Check out our recent case studies related to cloud operations:
- NHS England: Laying the strategic foundations for scaling cloud (Read case study)
- Distribution Innovation: Cutting cloud spend by 40% (Read case study)
- Raiffeisen Bank International: Enabling dispersed teams and business units to seamlessly develop and deliver applications (Read case study)
- BMW: Enabling governance and operations at scale (Read case study)
Nordcloud, an IBM company, is a European leader in cloud consulting, implementation, application development, managed services and training. Nordcloud is a recognised cloud pioneer with a proven track record of helping organisations leverage public clouds in a way that balances quick wins, immediate savings, and lasting value. Nordcloud is triple certified for Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud and Amazon Web Services – and is a Visionary in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Public Cloud IT Transformation Services. Nordcloud has 10 European locations, more than 1,800 employees and has implemented over 1,000 successful cloud projects.
Learn more at nordcloud.com.
Get in Touch.
Let’s discuss how we can help with your cloud journey. Our experts are standing by to talk about your migration, modernisation, development and skills challenges.